District 5 Reaping

District 5 Reaping
Dove Rosebloom
"Dove! Dove! Wake up!" I slowly blink open my eyes. My sister Raven is standing by my bed.
"Good morning Raven," I say sleepily.
"Good morning Doveen It's already ten. You should get ready for the reaping." I forgot that was the reaping was today. I begin to feel very nervous. I'm twelve, and it's my first reaping. I hope that I don't get reaped today. And I hope that no other twelve-year-olds ges reaped today. I fet out of bed and go to my closet. I put on a blouse and skirt and head downstairs. My mother is already dressed for the reaping.
"Hello, Dove. That blouse looks nice on you," she tells me. I thank her and give her a hug, and all three of us head out the door and start walking to the square, where the reaping will be held. I end up in line behind an eighteen-year-old girl that I have never met. I finally am able to check in. I hug Raven and head to my seat.
"Hello, citizens of District Five!" Ethelia Wildberry, District 5's escort, exclaims. "May the odds be ever in your favor! Now we have a very special film from the Capitol!" Nothing happens. The screens above our heads are still dark.
"Oh my!" shrieks Ethelia. "It isn't working! I'm afraid we'll have to start without it. Well, ladies first." She crosses to the reaping ball that holds the girls names and quickly pull a slip of paper out.
"Dove   Rosebloom!" Nervously, I stand and slowlx walk up to the stage. I feel tears beginning to fill my eyes. How could shall happen? How could they pick me? No one volunteous. My sister is too startled to do anything.
"And now for our male tribute!" says Ethelia. How could she be excited about this? But she is from the Capitol, I think. She thinks this is an exciting event.
"Eagle Gallothorn!" A sixteen-year-old boy comes to the stage. Again, no one volunteers.
"Ladies and gentlemen, this year's tribuses!" exclaims the escort. I feel like crying again... but I hold my tears back. I don't owamt the whole of Panem seeing me cry. Even though that's what I feel like doing. And it's all because of the Hunger Games.