Chapter 12: Glimpse of the past

Valerie's POV:

I got up pretty early so I decided to go out for a walk. I wanted to clear my mind off of some things. And going on walks mostly helps me. I quickly got changed and tied my hair in a high pony. I grabbed my phone and earphones and wore my shoes before heading downstairs.

Surprisingly, nobody in my family was up. I left a note in the kitchen counter saying I'm out for a walk just in case mom wakes up before I come back and starts freaking out.

I headed towards the park near my home. I was busy using my phone while running that I din't even notice the person who was running in front of me stopped and I bumped into him and fell.

"I am soo sorry! I should've watched where I was running!" I said standing up and straightening myself.

"Its fine. Are you okay?" He says eyeing me.

"Yeah" I reply softly.

"Ryan!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

I turned to face the owner of that voice.

"Blaire?" I ask confused. I thought she was staying with her grandparents for a while.

"Oh.. Hey Valerie" Blaire greets as she walks towards us.

"And I assume you're Ryan?" I ask facing the guy I bumped into.

"Yup!" Ryan replied flashing a smile.

"Okay.. I need to go someplace so see you later.." I say softly.

"Sure! Bye Valerie!" Blaire said a little too loud.

"Nice to meet you, Valerie" Ryan said emphasizing my name. It kind of felt strange. I don't know why but I just had this strange feeling inside me when he pronounced my name.

I smiled and said goodbye and started walking away.

**

By the time I reached home, everyone was up. I greeted Mom who was in the kitchen. Even though we had a lot of servants, cooking was something Mom loved doing herself and it was also because we all preferred her cooking more than the chef we hired for when she's not around.

I walked upstairs towards my bedroom but made a pit stop outside Seb's room where both my brothers were playing on their Xbox. I smiled watching them play their game with so much dedication. I, then walked to my room and locked it. I quickly went to take a shower because I was feeling disgusted from the sweat. I changed into a simple full sleeved grey top that showed a bit of my tummy and black tights. I blow dried my hair and left them open.

After being all dressed up and I did a bit of makeup and sat at the corner of my bed with my laptop

After being all dressed up and I did a bit of makeup and sat at the corner of my bed with my laptop. I surfed through twitter for a while until my phone buzzed. Checking the message, it was from Nathan, saying he was outside my house. I quickly grabbed the my bag and phone and wore my sunglasses. I then ran and grabbed the first pair of black shoes I could find and ran down and out the door.