Cassidy's secret

Cassidy POV

My hight-heels clicked as I walked into a familiar dark warehouse. The sound of footsteps rang in my ears.

"Agent Moore welcome back. Would you like to know your next mission?" Said my boss creeping out of the darkness. He wore the same black suit, tie and fedora. He used to do this to intimidate newcomers but it doesn't scare me anymore. I am not scared of pretty much anything thanks to my job. In the four years I have worked here I have seen something's nobody should ever have to. I have been shot at countless times and dodged countless bullets, punches and anything with a blade. I have even had somebody throw a sewing machine at me. A SEWING MACHINE. I can't put up with this anymore

"I quit!" I yelled at him. His reaction was shocked and vulnerable. This is the first I ever seen him like this.

"Oh Ms. Moore I'm afraid that's not how it work around here." He paced slowly around the room. I followed him with my ice cold glaring eyes.

"Well I'm afraid that that's how it's gonna work for me." I sneered. "I'm done with this living hell." I stared to march out the door but I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard...

"You will never change." My soon to be ex boss called to me.

"I can. I met someone who can help me change." Kevin. He will help me. He is the only person who I have really gotten close to since I started working here. Even though I have only known him for a day he is the only person I know well enough to trust.

"Who would want to help you? Think of all the things you have done. Nobody could ever love you. You sinner." He yelled at me.

"Shut up! Your words don't hurt me!" I screamed. The last three words echoed throughout the warehouse.

"IM FUCKING DONE WITH YOU AND ALL YOUR GAMES!" I screamed even louder. I try so hard not to swear bit I failed.

"Oh but Cassidy I'm not done with you." He calmly started. My yelling and screamer didn't even phase him. He has no feelings or emotions. I hate him.

"No. I'M DONE!" And with that I ran out the door and slammed it as hard as I could causing a hinge to fall off.

I did it.

I did it.

I finally quit.

I won.

Kevin POV

Avi and Kirstie scared me. Like seriously I knew Avi was in love with and and she was wasted I just got really freaked out. But I know Avi is too much of a "gentlemen" ,or I like to use the term "sissy", to... Well ya know.

"Um guys I'm going to go and check on Scott and Mitch. They could barely wake to their rooms with out breaking something." I called to Kirstie and Avi. Kirstie still hung her head over the toilet and Avi was still holding back her hair. Awww well not really Awww to the puking part but it's just Avi and Kirstie they are just too (f)cute.

Avi nodded to me and I trusted him to look after Kirstie while I check on Scott and Mitch. I approached their door and took a deep breath. I have to be prepared for what ever is in the other side of this door. I opened the door.

"Hey guys how are y-" I was about to say then I realized they where asleep. There are two kinds of drunks 1. The ones that pass out after hardcore parting 2. They ones that believe the party is still going. I guess they are the first kind. Thank The Lord I was to tired to deal with them.

I slowly shut the door as if I was never in there.

"Well Scott and Mitch are asle- um why are your shirts invisible?" I came back to Kirstie and Avi and they where laying in bed shirtless um.....

"Vomit got on them." Avi stated. Kirstie rested her head on Avi's chest as he wrapped his arm around her stroking her hair.

"Well um... I will leave you guys to whatever this is." I awkwardly backed up and shut the door.

I trailed off to my room and collapsed on my bed.

*at 4:00 am*

Ring ring. Ring ring.

What the? My phone? It's four in the morning for crying out loud. Who could possibly be calling me?

The caller ID read: Cassidy

(A/N bold: Kevin italics: Cassidy)

Hello?

Hey it's Cassidy. I really need a place to stay can I crash at your place?

Um yeah sure. I'm in room 1028 of the hotel where the party was.

Oh my gosh Kevin thank you so much. I knew I could count on you. I will be there in 10.

Kay see ya then.

Thanks again bye.

Bye.

Wait Cassidy.

Yeah?

Are you okay? You seem sad.

I... I don't really want to talk about it. I just need somewhere where I can feel...

Safe.

Well come on over.

Thanks Kevin. This really does mean a lot to me.

Sure thing.

I wonder what that's all about. I hope she is okay. What did she mean "where I can feel safe?" Does she not have a home? Is she being hunted down? Or does she just want to see me?

About 7-10 minuets I heard a couple timid knocks at my door. I pulled the door open to reveal a puffy eyed Cassidy.

"Cassi-" before I have time to finish what I wanted to say she pulls into a hug.

"Thank you." She whispered in my ear without pulling away from our hug. What's going on? Like seriously I have no clue what to do. Normally she was really happy and cheerful but I don't know what got into her. She let go of the tight embrace.

"Come inside." I moved out if the door way and invited her in. I sat on my bed and patted the space next to me for her to sit down. She sat down next to me on my bed. We sat with our backs on the head board in silence.

"Kevin?" Asked Cassidy turning to face me.

"Yes." I said rolling on my side to face her.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" Okay now I'm officially confused.

"Taking me in and stuff. I called you at like four in the morning. I probably woke you up. And you have been nothing but nice to me, why?"

Because I love you. I didn't say that even though I wanted to. "Well because I care about you, Cassidy."

"But you just met me."

"Yeah but I have this feeling like you needed me. And I wanted to help you."

"Why?"

"Because." I stared into her beautiful sapphire eyes until she blushed and looked away. "It's really late you should get some sleep."

"Yeah you're right. Goodnight Kevin." She smiled at me.

"Goodnight Cassidy." And with that I has the best good nights sleep I have had in a long long time.

A/N yay update!!! Comment what you think Cassidy's job was. Y'all have been begging me to update on Instagram (@mrs.kaplan) and I'm so glad to update for ya! I'm not saying I don't like you guys being all like hey when are u gonna update ur fanfic? (I actually love it) thanks for all the support. I love you guys so so much! Thanks for reading. I'm going to go and treat a severe sunburn so um bye!

-xoxo Harper