The Call

I haven't eaten.

I haven't smiled.

I haven't talked.

I'm just living, and that's something I don't want to do.

It's been 2 hours since Camila died, but it feels like an eternity. All I can do is lay in my bed, and just live.

My phone next to me buzzed, signalling a call from my phone. But I just ignored it. What's the point, anyway? It'll be just another friend to say that they're sorry for my 'loss', I hate using that word. It makes me feel like Camila was some softball game and I just didn't play good enough, and I lost.

My phone buzzed again, and again, and again. Until I couldn't take it anymore and I answered it.

"What?!" I screamed into the other line.

"Is this Ms. Jauregui?" a delicate voice says, it's not another friend but a grown woman. Why would some lady call me?

"Yes" I sigh a single word.

"I'm calling up to inform you to that Ms. Cabello has made some new developments" I feel like my head is going to drop off. Can Camila be still alive?

Just don't be a dream. Let it be true, please.

"Wh-what do you m-mean, new d-developments?" I stutter out.

Let it be true

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you over the phone. But if you come down to the hospital, then someone can tell you more"

I don't think I've ever been this confused, one minute I'm being told that Camila died and now there's a possibility she's alive. The love of my life may still be breathing. Her hearting may be beating, while I'm laying in my bed. She may be in the hospital bed, waiting for me. Her fingers may still be warm, and ready to make my skin tingle.

But more importantly she could be alive.

The only human that can make me feel wanted in this awful world could be alive.

Camila could be alive.

Just let it be true, please...

Let

It

Be

True