Room 23

Splashes of rain manage to fly into my car, through my slightly opened window. The cars next to me whoosh by, as I hurry to the hospital. I can hear faint cries and laughter of little children, that slowly die down as I keep going. I wish I was that little again, and felt like you had the world in your hands.

Finally, I made it to the white hospital. The big letters, that make out the word HOSPITAL, shine in my eyes. Due to it being nearly pitch dark, and the red letters illuminating in the cold air.

I slam the door shut and run inside, and the keys jangling in my hands due to my movements. I stop at reception, I ask her about Camila but she just told me to wait and someone would come inform me about Camila's status.

So, here I am again sitting in the waiting room, dying from all the anxiety that's built up in me. I look around, and notice that they actually cleaned up. I turn my head slightly to the door, and see Dr. Reece walking in to the room. I instantly stand up and make my way to him. he extends his arm and I take it.

"Evening, Ms. Jau-"

"Just tell me what happened. this is the second time I had to come here and I don't want to be disappointed again" I interrupt him.

"Of course" he nods, he couldn't talk any more slower and it's starting to do my head in. "there's some good about Camila's current state"

"Yes, what is it?" I ask, not giving another second to pass.

"Her heart beat started again. it seems that your girl is a fighter, she made it through the surgery"

I step back. Camila's actually alive, I can feel the storm over my head to slowly fade away. I sit down on a chair, next to me. I put face in my hands, but I don't cry, the tears just don't come out. I rub my face, and take in a deep breath.

"Wh-where is she?" I stutter out. Dr. Reece told me to follow him, and he'll show me.

We stop at room 23. the light blue blinds are drawn half way down, but I'm still able to see through it. The inside of the room start to become clearer. I can see four figures standing or sitting around the room. Two figures which are the biggest, I make out to be Camila's parents. The smaller that's sleeping on Camila's Mum, Sinhue, lap is her sister, sofi. The final one who is about my height, but a few inches taller, is Camila's boyfriend, Jacob. A sudden flash of anger run through me, he cheated on her and he has the nerve to show up here. It's partially his fault Camila nearly died.

Sinhue lifts her head and she sees me, she flashes me a smile. She says something to Alejandro, Camila's Dad, and he opens the door and walks to me.

"Hello Lauren" he says in a stern voice.

"Hi" I reply.

I can see he's been crying, his eyes are slightly red and his face is painted red. You can see the white hair on his head, and the wrinkles that are growing. He looks so old and fragile, I wish I could help him.

"I think you should go, La-"

"Why?" I interrupt him

"It's just that-um- you and Camila aren't on good patches right now and I don't know if she would want you here, no dis-respect or anything"

"Please, sir, you know she means the world to me, I just need to see her. At least, once, please"

He lets out a deep sigh, I know I'm just frustrating him and probably tiring him more but I need to see her, I need to hold her, I need to say good-bye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I know it's not that long and I'm sorry but I'll try to make the next one longer.

And guys don't forget to pre-order fifth harmony's new single, Bo$$, if u haven't already :)