Alexis

I fling the door of my bedroom open and jump on my bed. I lay there staring into nothing, thinking about nothing. I turn my head to the side and look at my self in the mirror, I look like crap. I have to stop thinking about Camila, because she certainly doesn't think about me anymore. I need to move on.

I need to call Alexis.

I reach into my pocket, and retrieve the piece of paper with her number. I put it in my contacts and call her up.

*ring* *ring*

"Hello" Alexis says, on the other line.

"Hey Lex, it's Lauren"

"Oh, what's up?" She sounds shocked, that I actually called her up.

"I was just calling up to see if you want to get a drink or something"

"Miss Jauregui, are you asking me on a date?" I can feel the smirk on her face, even if I can't see her.

"Depends, do you want to?"

"I would love to" I sigh in relief "Awesome, where do you live?"

"54 Morcombe Street"

"I'll be there in 10" I hang up and check the time, 3:35pm. I re-brush my hair, and try to make myself presentable. I fetch my car keys, and drive to her house.

I finally reach her house, and just walking up to her door I'm regretting even coming. I knock on her door, and with the final knock I turn on my heels and walk the other way.

I can't do this

"Lauren, where are you going!?" A voice yells from behing me.

I slowly pivot on my toes, and fake a smile to Alexis, I slowly make my way to her. She's dressed in a floral dress and flats, simple but stunning.

"I just um.." I stutter, scratching my neck "I don't know if I can do this"

Alexis's happy eyes change to dissappointed ones. Why do I keep making people feel like this?

"what-why?"

"Because...because I'm an idiot, because I stuff everything up all the time, becuase you don't want to know someone like me" revealing my true feelings, to someone I barely know.

A tear slips from eye. Alexis walks to me, and wipes the tear away. Her fingers feel so warm, so safe, so loving, so camila-like. I have to move on from her, and if Alexis is the way to get over Camila then i have to atleast give her a chance.

She pulls me in a hug, I inhale her scent. We stand there for atleast a good 30 seconds, butterflies on meth breathing fire forms in the pit of my of my stomach. Nothing has ever made me feel like that, not even Camila.

Do I like Alexis?

I pull out of Alexis's hug, and see her beautiful eyes staring into mine. Her eyes sparkling in the sunset and the glowing in her hair, making her to look like an angel.

"Why?" Alexis asks

"Why what?"

"Why do you say those awful things about yourself, when your obviously the most beautiful, caring, intelligent and witty person that has ever walked this planet. don't ever say those kind of things about yourself, please.."

A smile slowly starts to appear on my face, and for once a genuine smile. I haven't heard someone tell me I'm beautiful, and mean it, in a very long time, not even those close to me.

"Okay..." I say flatly

"Promise?" Alexis extends her pinky which I take and I promise her to never say those things again.

"So, are we going on that date or what" I put out my hand out for her to take. Alexis returns the smile, and gladly takes my hand in hers. we turn around, and make our way to my car, i couldn't help but smile at her.

Is she my cure, to my broken heart? I think to myself Or will she break me aswell

Do I still 'love' Camila? That question echoes in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I know it's crappy and short but i kept saying I would update so here it is. Sorry if it's bad, I'll try to make the next chap better. :)