EIGHT

October 31st, Saturday

October 31st, Saturday. 11:07 am.

• • •

My fingers drummed against the warm ceramic of the mug Superman had given me. My mind kept going back to his smile and the way his voice said my name. No, stop it, Annie. Don't get swept up in his good looks like every other female on the planet. A dull thud echoed and I looked around to see what had caused it, but chalked it up to be my TV, it was at a low roar and some cop show was playing. Sighing, I looked around my living room. The table fit nicely with the rest of my decor and as I set my mug onto it I caught sight of something on my balcony.

I pushed through the waving blinds I came face to face with Superman.

"What-what are you doing here?" I balked quickly glancing around at the surrounding balconies, "Did anyone see you?" I asked grabbing his hand to pull him inside.

I closed the doors and pulled my blinds shut before turning to the man in red and blue, who was watching me with a smirk.

"Did anyone see you?" I asked again.

"I don't think so,"

"Someone probably saw you. Someone always sees you," I sighed, leaning against the doors.

"Are you alright?" He asked concern and worry filled his voice.

"Yeah, it's just after the interview on Wednesday Perry had to give me the rest of the week off because of all the attention," I explained sitting back down on my couch.

"Attention?" Superman asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah," I clicked on the TV and flipped to E!News.

"-So who exactly is this mystery woman that has our savior in blue blushing as red as his cape? And what is the nature of their relationship?" A woman asked as the footage of our interview popped onscreen," Annie Westmore is a thirty-two-year-old junior reporter who works at the Daily Planet a-,"