ELEVEN

November 2nd, Monday 9:12 am

• • •

I strolled into work with my head high and my shoulders back. Paparazzi have been following me since I left my apartment this morning. I knew that someone was going to say something today, I didn't expect it to be everyone.

A few men whistled at me from the photography section and a woman, I've only known in passing as Libby, told me I was lucky to have caught the eye and heart of Superman. As I sat at my desk working on the next piece I heard whispering.

Confused, I stilled my fingers and looked over my shoulder. In the break room was Libby and two other women, they saw I had caught their eyes and quickly moved further into the room. With a new emotion shooting to the surface I stood up and walked to confront them, but a large silhouette blocked my view.

"I was thinking for tonight we could get takeout and...what's wrong?" Clark asked standing in front of me a file in hand.

"What happened to stay away from each other at work, Clark," I bit back.

He scrunched his face at my tone, "You look angry. I know what I said-,"

I shoved past him but as I neared the gossiping women I sighed and turned back towards Clark, "Takeout sounds nice, Clark."

He cast me a small smile, and I sat back down.

"Westmore," Perry's voice boomed from across the room, "My office,"

• • •

"You want me to cover the Bat in Gotham, why?" I asked sitting back in the chair across from Perry.

"I need someone to do it that isn't Clark. He's a bit obsessive, and I think you'll be able to shine a better light on it," He explained quirking a salt and pepper brow at me.

"Why do I feel like that's not the only reason why you're giving this to me,"

"It's not, but I won't tell you since you already know," He replied and turned back to his computer screen.

• • •
November 2nd, Monday 5:33pm

I sat in my living room with a dozen articles and photos of "The Batman" as he's been called. He's been around for twenty years, but recently just came back in the past two years. Coincidentally after Superman's battle in Metropolis recently though he's been reported to be showing up more frequently and has been spotted over a dozen times in the past two months.

I hadn't told Clark yet that Perry had given me his assignment- even if it was never officially Clark's I feel like I'm stealing it. Today, we didn't speak much after our small conversation. It was mostly on my end since I was still so mad about how I was being gossiped about at work.