Uneasy Mind, Part I

She was chaos
And beauty.

Intertwined,
A tornado of
Roses
from divine.

-shakieb orgunwall -

(Summer Rose's voice)

Her scythe was driven into her first real victim. Blood covered my dear rose in its embrace. Petals quickly turned black by her unspeakable act. My rose has finally become the daughter that I've always wanted.

[Ruby]

I shot up out of my bed, covered in sweat. These nightmares had been haunting me for a week now, and I can't take them anymore.

"Ruby." A voice called to me softly. I turn to see a barely-awoken Weiss. "Ruby, what's wrong? You've been like this for a while now and you refused to talk to me about it." I groaned mildly, rubbing my eyes slowly. "Look, if you don't tell me, then I'm gonna go wake up Yang and Blake." I shifted my head towards the other side of the room; Yang and Blake were out cold.

My disinterested face grew into a wide smile I as turned back to Weiss, throwing my arms around her, capturing her in a kiss, trying to get her to forget her worry. She kissed me back and before we knew it, we made love in the bed, quietly in the night.

We could've kept going, had Yang not woken up to throw a pillow at us. After that, Weiss fell asleep in my embrace. I held her closer to me, thinking... thinking of the person that I love, of the monster that I had became, of the life that I had took. Weiss may never forgive me, but I must obey my goddess's will.