Upon a City of Screaming Statues

[Ed. Note: Schedule will continue after Spring Break!]

Finally, I'm here at last!

Our airship landed in a town near Beacon. I walked out, and covered my face in a mask that bore the markings of a beowulf. My clothes were completely black, lacking the flared skirts I'd usually wear. I must've looked like an unruly delinquent, one you'd curse only after the doors were locked, and the lights were on.

I walked through the town center, looking for the hotel that Adam told me to go while he dealt with something.

Walking in, I immediately saw the receptionist, a stern-looking young man, casually sharpening a blade. I removed my mask, walked towards the counter, and rang the bell on the countertop.

He didn't even bother looking at me. "What is it, little girl, ain't it bedtime for you?" He still sharpened the blade indifferently. I rang the bell again.

"I don't serve kids here."

As he placed his weapon on the countertop, I clutched his hand holding the blade, staring at him with lidded eyes, grabbing his attention.

"I was hoping for a room, sir..." He stared at me in a mix of fear, confusion, and lust, silent as my grip grew stronger. "But if you don't want to give me a nice room..."
I stood on my toes and leaned over the counter, giving the man a large view of my exposed cleavage.

"...then I'm gonna have to cut that cute..."

I squeezed his hand even more. He was getting very nervous. I dropped to an ever-quiet whisper.

"...little..."

His eyes darted between my breasts and my hand. I leaned until I almost butted heads with the man.

"...dick of yours, right off. Got it?" Between his lust and terror, he nodded rapidly. I flashed a wide smile as he handed me a key to the top floor.

"Why, thank you. Now was that so hard?"

I turned, and before I walked away to the stairs, I pulled my pants up in deliberaton, just to frustrate the silently staring receptionist more.

I got to the top floor and found my room at the very end of the hall. I opened the door and was greeted by its sheer size: A queen-sized bed, a massive bathroom with a full tub, a flat-screened television that nearly took up half the vaulted wall, and an impressive gallery of paintings on the walls. I whistled in awe, staring around the room.

"Finally," I said to myself, "I can wash these old clothes for once." I immediately stripped and turned the tub on, filling it with water.  Submerging my clothes, I began to see the dirt and grime diffuse into the clear water.

Clear water... Was that what I was like? What I used to be?

Shaking my head, I distracted myself with scrubbing the clothes. After a bit, I hung them up and refilled the tub again to bathe. I sat in it and closed my eyes, letting my body relax for once in a long time.

I remembered clearly. It was four months after my mother disappeared. Me and Yang were in the bath together, splashing water everywhere, laughing and playing, as kids do. The memory played in my head for twenty minutes, until I opened my eyes and got out of the tub. I dried myself off and went to bed, tired as I ever was.

Next thing I knew, it was 7 am, with the sun shining brightly against the window. Absentmindedly, I got up, grabbed my now dried clothes and left the room. I get to the bottom floor to see the receptionist, who looked at me in fear.

"Um, Adam said... to meet him at the south end of the town. Ms. Rose." In the dining room I grabbed a bagel and rushed out the building. With my semblance and a rudimentary sense of direction I dashed to where Adam was in minutes.