Eleven 💕

Define this

------
My dad had declared that today my car was to be taken by him for a minor repair, leaving me with three atrocious options to get to school. The first was to take the bus, which the second I abandoned as soon as I turned sixteen, the second was to walk, and the third is to call up someone.

So I decide to walk.

The nearest bus stop is nearly five kilometers away on the opposite direction of school, and the bus only comes around once, so if I miss it because I don't know the time it comes, I'll just end up having to walk to school anyways, on top of the five kilometers.

I begin blasting the most obnoxious tunes on my headphones as I slowly make my way to school.

"Since when does the legendary Callie, walk." Says a voice that I can barely hear above the heavy metal playing.

"What?" I ask taking off the headphones.

"I said si-."

"No! I heard that much. What did you mean?"

"Since when did you walk." Jake laughs.

Somehow, I have this fate of running into Jake everywhere. It's as if the world throws him into a portal to casually appear beside me during random times, or, this was just the regular player Jake trying to complete phase two.

Phase two was the hanging out phase, and as I always hated admitting, he was once again more or less successful.

Jake is looking at me but once again, I get caught in his blue eyes, for a moment I forget that he was looking at me for an answer until he clears his throat and gestures for me to answer.

My eyes snap back to the road laid before me. "I could easily ask you the same."

"I always walk, Sunset." He sighs. "Now that I've answered your question, do answer mine."

"My car's in for repair."

"Ah." We're about a block away from school now, and suddenly I can spot the school from a distance. The deathly creamy beige color is merely a facadę, Instead, it is actually a black hole that causes endless pain for students.

"What do you have for period one?" I look over at his schedule.

"What do you say we ditch."

"Excuse me?" I state, taunting him to repeat his question, it's not like I haven't ditched school before, but I don't do it often and for no reason.

"I say we ditch."

I stare daggers at him. "And I say otherwise."

"Why not?"

"Because I need a minimum amount of days present to become the valedictorian."

"Oh, right." He seems to comprehend a new found piece of information as if he were cracking a mystery.

"Why don't we just go wherever you're planning to go to after school."

"Fine. But I'm driving, and you're not allowed to look."
------
Just five minutes ago, the final bell at school rang telling us that school was over, at least for today, and now, at this very moment, Jake was very excitedly tying a bandana around my eyes and buckling the seatbelt in for me.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise."

"Normal surprises allow the person being surprised to see the surprise," I say. "And what if we get into a car crash."

"We won't."

"You can never be so sure." I pointed out.

I could hear him grumbling beside me as he stations his car on the sidewalk. "Fine."

Soon, I'm being transported from the shotgun seat of the car to the back. I could just feel his presence rolling his eyes. "If we get into a car crash, I'll shout and you duck your head."

"Damn, I still don't get to see?"

"Absolutely not."

After about a general ten minutes of driving while I incoherently tap my foot in a mismatched beat, he finally brings the car to a halt and leads me into an air-conditioned building.

I can immediately tell it isn't one of those building where the clerks wear suits. There is definitely noise, the screams of joy and the squeals of laughter. Where are we?

"Time for the big reveal." He is laughing uncontrollably now.

I quickly tug at the cotton fabric and throw it off as soon as possible, only to come face to face with my childhood.

You've got to be kidding me.

It's a bouncy house.

Actually, this probably wasn't so bad, because it's actually fun, which is why kids like it. It's probably as fun as it used to be except without the thrill, which takes up the fun.

I laughed with joy, only to see Jake smiling at me. "What?" I grin at him.

He simply shrugs, chuckling slightly. "Let's jump together?" He takes my hand while I nod.

"Three, Two, One, jump!" We jump high and then proceed to fall down the bouncy slide. Still laughing, we head over to have a second try, this time, we're both in the same lane.

Once again we begin with the countdown, and when it reaches one, we jump, except this time as soon as we landed and continued laughing, he muttered quietly "Fuck it." And bent down to kiss me. His lips catch mine and he holds

It wasn't a fairytale kiss, where the prince swoops the princess into a deep dip, pulls her up, and slowly kisses her, but it certainly felt like one. I could feel the electricity passing through us, jolting through our bones, electrifying our souls, the sparks, instead of flying, soaring.

But then the unthinkable happened next, as soon as our lips break apart, he just looks at me, but this time, his blue eyes say something else, their sparkly now, and he looks happy. For a moment, I relax, the tension lifts of my body, but then, he takes off without another word and as soon as that happens, I feel a pang of sadness, but it soon goes away knowing it was probably fake.

But an itching feeling in my body told me it wasn't.

Oh Jake, do define us, define this.