Chapter 15

Dipper had never noticed how far from absolutely everything Gravity Falls was. It was far from regular people, it was far from the town he lived in, and it was very far from his memories.

Everything he had ever lived, or better, thought that he had lived, was a lie. Everything he had ever laughed about. None of those moments were, in fact, real.

His entire life had been one huge lie, and he was the one guilty for it.

For so long had he considered Gravity Falls his heart and home, though he had come to the day to realize it wasn't.

Gravity Falls was just another empty place, full of dead memories, things he didn't dare name, and attempted to erase forever in his mind. Gravity Falls wasn't his home, it was home of the unwanted, of all he ever wished to forget.

All he ever wished to forget, but never knew.

Dipper needed somewhere to hold on to, somewhere he could call his own home, somewhere he would never want to erase from his mine, not mattering how it could hurt him.

(Possibly nothing would ever hurt him the way Gravity Falls did, though)

And the only place that could give him the certainty, the safety, and the feeling of being home, was the old apartment he lived in.

The place used to be clean, in a Dipper standard of clean, before he started finding evidence, before he started looking for the truth, even if it had been so near him during all this time.

He would probably go back to a messy apartment, papers all over the floor, a coffee mug still on the table, other drawings and writings of theories taped to the wall, that he would stare for minute after minute, trying to figure what could've happened.

Dipper shook his head, looking at the trees that seemed to be left behind by the bus by each and each moment, as they raced after, trying to reach something they never could.

God, he needed a cup of coffee, or his brain would explode.

It was probably an addiction already, he had read somewhere people can get addicted to caffeine, he even read somewhere that some people even die out of caffeine overdose. Though at the moment, he couldn't care any less about caffeine addiction.

He needed some coffee. He needed to get home. He needed an unbroken night of sleep.

Yes, he needed to sleep. His brain refused to stop working, his eyes were refusing to close, and let his mind relax.

The helpless boy grabbed his phone, but didn't do a thing. He kept on staring at the clock on the screen, waiting for time to pass, or for any signal, even if he wasn't sure of what exactly.

A message notification popped up in the screen, for the few seconds he had to think, he hoped it was Mabel. No specific reason. He just wished she'd text him. But things would probably be more complicated than before.

Dude, I haven't heard of you in ages! Dipper giggled as he saw the text.

I haven't talked to you in like one hour?

But I'm dying! You can't just say that you can't tell me something through the phone, and disappear.

Uh, yeah. But I'm still trying to understand everything that I just heard. I feel like I'm another person, and I'm just stuck in being Dipper. You get what I mean?

Wow, you're one fucked up dude, aren't you?

Man, I'm having an existential crisis, could you cope? You're going to get it better when I tell you.

Ok, ok, sorry. It's just that I'm confused as hell. I have no clue of what's going on.

Neither do I.

Guess we'll have to figure it together then.

Probably, he smiled.

Yes, he not only missed the apartment, his coffee machine. He missed his neighbor whose face he had never seen.

He missed his stupid comments, that didn't help a thing, and the way he'd always try to fix it a while later. He missed the way he was always giving his best to give an useful advice.

He missed someone he didn't even fully know.

•••••••••••••••

OH THE PINESCONE IS SO CLOSE
IM DYING

ANYWAYS, this chapter took ages because high school has been killing me lately, so yaay! Hope you forgive me, and hope you enjoyed it <3

Vote and comment plssss! <3

OMG YOU GUYS REALLY GAVE UP ON ME PLS DONT