16. Chloe

I'm dead. I must be dead. The light is so bright, and my head hurts so much, and I feel like I can't move. This is what it feels like to be dead. I always thought I would just not feel anything, and that being dead would be painless. I guess I was wrong.

   "Good morning." I sleepy voice said in my ear. How am I hearing voices if I'm dead?

   I turned my head to the right, and saw Blair laying down beside me. His hair was messy, and his eyes were half closed, but he was looking at me.

   "Are you dead to?" I whispered, and he laughed.

   "You're not dead Chloe." 

   "Yes I am."

   "No, you're just hungover."

   "I'm hungover?"

   "Yes."

   "I've never been hungover before. I think I would rather be dead. Wait. Why are you in bed with me? Did we, you know?" I asked, lifting up the sheets to see I was still in my outfit from last night.

   "We just fell asleep. But it's after noon, I think we should get up and see the damage people did from last night." Blair said, and got out of bed. I followed after him.

   "Are we really going to have to clean up after everyone when I feel like this?" I asked, putting a hand to my forehead to try and stop the pounding. 

   "It shouldn't be that bad."

   Blair was right. The damage was minimal. There were a few cups here and there, and some dirt on the floor near the back door, but nothing that would take the rest of the day to clean up. Waiting in the kitchen on the table, was a bunch of food, half eaten from the people who spent the night in the guest rooms. 

   I picked up some pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs, drizzled syrup on all of it, and sat down to eat.

   "Yup. You are definitely not Promise." Blair said as he sat down beside me with a plate of bacon, eggs and toast.

   "What do you mean?" I said with a mouth full of food.

   "Promise would have picked the healthy option on this table. The fruit, with yogurt and almonds."

   "How can you eat that for breakfast? You need lots of food to fuel your body for the day!" I said.

   Blair and I continued to eat, and said goodbye to the last few people who came down for food from the guest rooms. 

   "Do you feel better now after eating?" Blair asked as we walked outside to clean up the pool.

   "Yeah, but I'm still a bit tired. Do you know where they keep the pool cleaning things?" I asked as I looked into the pool, at a few floating cups.

   "It's in the pool shed back here, I'll get the stuff we need. Do you want to start by maybe putting the patio chairs back around the table?" Blair said, then walked towards a small but clean looking shed just behind the pool.

   I did what he suggested, and walked around the backyard, picking up chairs one by one and placing them back near the table, then i grabbed the garbage, that some people didn't know how to use, and started picking up the empty cups on the ground. I was finished before Blair even came back out of the shed.

   "Blair, what's taking you so long?" I said when I walked into the shed looking for him. He was standing in the middle of the small room, with a sheet of paper in his hands, looking at it. "What's that?" I asked.

   "It was on the shed door, i've just been to socked after reading it to do anything. Here, look at it."

   I took the paper from his hands, and read it.