8. Land of Waves, Mission Start

Daimyo-sama: Feudal Lord
Sake: Japanese alcohol
Kubikiri Bouchou: A sword used by Kirigakure's Seven Swordsmen of the Mist; means Decapitating Carving Knife
Mizubunshin (Mizubunshin no jutsu): Water Clone jutsu
Suirou no jutsu: Water Prison jutsu

________________________________

<Third Person POV>

"Okay Team 7. Hmm? The target has moved! After it!"

"Alright! It's there."

"Distance?"

"Five meters. I can go anytime."

"I'm ready too."

"Me too."

"Okay. Do i-"

"No need. I have it already."

"Eh? Then what was the point of that just now?! If you did that, say so first, Akito!!"

"That would be too slow."

"There's a red ribbon on his right ear?"

"Aki got it right. No problem."

~~~

"Tora-chan!! I missed you!!"

"Serves him right! That idiot cat!" Naruto said.

"No wonder the cat ran away..." Sakura followed up.

"Now then... The next mission for Kakashi's Team 7 is... An errand to the neighboring town, baby-sit the chief counselor's son, helping with digging potatoes..."

"No!! No thank you! I want to do a more exciting mission! Give us another one!"

"You fool! You're still a bottom rookie! At first, everyone moves up by gaining experience in easy missions!" Iruka scolded.

"But! But! It's been nothing but boring missions so far- Bleh!" Naruto got knocked on his head by Kakashi.

"Knock it off!"

"Naruto! It is necessary to explain to you what a mission is. Requests pour into the village every day..."

"Yesterday's lunch was tonkotsu ramen, so today will be miso broth."

"Listen!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Man! You always lecture me, jii-chan! But I'm that little prankster that you think I am! Humph!"

Iruka and the Third smiled.

"I got it. If you insist... I'll let you do a C rank mission. You'll be someone's bodyguards."

"Who? Who? A daimyo-sama? Or a princess?"

"Don't be so hasty. I'll introduce you now. Please come in."

The door opened to reveal an old man holding a sake bottle.

"What? It's just a bunch of darned squirts!"

The old man chugged down more sake.

"Especially the smallest one with the idiot face. Are you really a ninja?"

"Ahaha! Who's the smallest one with the idiotic face he's talking about?"

Sasuke, Akito and Sakura stood closer to Naruto. The height order went from tallest to shortest-Akito, Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto. Seeing that, Naruto shouted out, "I'll kill you!"