12. Danger Lurks In Unexpected Places

Kusagakure: Hidden Grass Village
Amegakure: Hidden Rain Village

_______________________________

<Akito's POV>

"This is the second testing location, the 44th training field, a.k.a. the Forest of Death!"

Naruto making fun of the test Anko is giving us Genin, the mysterious Genin from Kusagakure with the long tongue, and Anko loving the sight of blood... all those happened before Anko finally started on the main business.

"Well, before we start the second exam, I have to pass this out to you!" She took out some papers. "A consent form... because I'm not responsible for any deaths from now on! Ahahaha!"

Anko stopped laughing and started again, "Well, I'm going to start the explanation for the second exam. In a word, the limits of your survival will be challenged." As she said that, the forms got passed around.

'Survival? That will be easier for me since I've been in the wild for four years.'

It turns out the test is an 'anything goes scroll battle' and fight for two scrolls, the Heaven Scroll and the Earth Scroll. The rules were actually pretty simple. Thirteen teams each with one scroll and thirteen each with the other. Bring both Heaven and Earth scrolls to the tower in the center and we pass. Time limit is five days. All the members of the team needs to bring both scrolls to the tower within time limit. No team's member can be incapacitated or without a member. Don't look at the contents of the scroll.

"Finally, just a word of advice... Don't die!"

I finished filling in the form and looked around to analyze the situation. Then, I walked off to the bushes out of anyone's sight.

"Zetsu, what's happening there? What about Obito and Madara?"

Zetsu came out from the ground.

"The Akatsuki isn't moving yet. Though a team will be coming to Konoha soon. Madara-sama still won't be revived for a few years. He did push himself to stay alive for you. Also, don't call Obito by that name, he goes by Tobi now. How about you Akito? How are things going?" Black Zetsu informed.

"Now is the second exam. And I need to train a lot more. I'm not strong enough yet. Zetsu, hurry and leave now. It's starting."

"Well then, we'll be seeing you!" White Zetsu said.

I walked back to my team and we handed in the forms. We got the Heaven Scroll. Thirty minutes later, the representative opened our gate, Gate 12, to start the exam.

Not long after the test started, screams could be heard. Naruto suddenly said that he need to toilet and went in the bushes. When he came back, I hit him into the tree.

"I was going to do that, Aki."

"First come, first serve, Sasuke."

Dumbfounded, Sakura stood there and kept trying to stop me.

"Sakura, stop it. Watch closely and you'll see why," Sasuke said putting his arm in front of Sakura.

"Talk! Where's the real Naruto?!"

The impostor spoke up, "I have no idea what you're talking about!"

Sasuke backed up my statement, "What happened to the scratch on your face? The one you got from the proctor before!"

"And your shuriken holster is on your left leg. He is right-handed!"

"You're worst at transformation than Naruto, you phony!"

"Hn."

The henge dispersed and a shinobi from Amegakure appeared in the spot.

~Time Skip~

In this second test, the attack from the Ame ninja, the appearance of the detestable Orochimaru using the same trick as the Ame ninja lead to some injuries in the team, physically and psychologically. Sasuke even got a curse mark on him, the same one I got from Orochimaru two years ago.

"Sasuke-kun will absolutely come look for me... looking for power. I enjoyed seeing your various powers. Akito-kun, I will always welcome you. The both of you will come to me for power... The power to defeat Itachi."

After Orochimaru left us, Sasuke's curse mark caused him intense pain like it once happened to me. My curse mark also started hurting again. And then Oto ninja came and attacked us. Sasuke used the power of the curse mark and I was amazed. That power was great. As a result of him using it though, he became really tired afterwards. We also got saved by Shikamaru's team and Rock Lee. This second test turned out to be harder than expected because of Orochimaru and the other ninjas.

We finally managed to complete the quota for the clearing of the test and headed for the tower.

When we got to the tower and cleared the second test, the Hokage was there and talked about the purpose of the Chuunin Exams. A guy named Gekko Hayate said there will be a preliminary round for the final part.

"Those of you who wish to drop out please speak up now. The preliminary will begin immediately, so..."

People, well, the rookies of Konoha, started complaining about the part Hayate said 'immediately'.

"I forgot to mention this, but it will be individual battles from now on. It is your decision, so feel free to raise your hands and drop out."

At that moment, the curse mark started hurting again. I looked over at Sasuke and the same goes for him. Sakura kept trying to convince Sasuke to but obviously, he rejected.

"Excuse me... I'll quit."

A hand rose up before Sakura. Kabuto.

"Yakushi Kabuto of Konoha, correct? Then, you may step back."

When he started walking away, I also raised my hand. I tiredly said, "I'll also retire from this."

"Uchiha Akito of Konoha, you may go as well."

"Akito! Kabuto-san! Why're you quitting?! Tell me, why?!"

"I'm sorry, Naruto-kun. But my body is worn out. Actually, before the first exam, when I fought with the guys from Oto, I've had no hearing at all in my left ear. To fight right away... and to be told that my life would also be on the line, I can't go on."

"Naruto, my reason is the same as why Sakura wanted help Sasuke retire. Don't feel bad about me, Sasuke."

I walked away from them and out the building.

'I need to train more. This is still not enough... Naruto is gaining power fast and Sasuke, not even I, can keep up. And if I can't defeat Orochimaru, does that mean that Itachi is that out of reach...?!'

With that, I jumped away to go train.

_______________________________

I tried to squeeze in a few episodes into this chapter and made it a little short. Hahaha... Well hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to:

Vote

Comment

Share!