Day 1: Holding Hands

((The image above belongs to Pugishka from Tumblr.))

Hot, bright sun rays shined down on the young couple as they walked together around the park, not a single white cloud in the sky covering the yellow ball of light. The scent of wet dirt filled the air as Japan and America walked over the rocky pavement, still wet from last night's rainfall. It had been raining a lot these past few weeks and everyone was eager to get out of their house after being cooped up inside for so long. Little children can be seen splashing onto little puddles that formed between the small strands of green grass as their mothers chatted about the things they missed out on these past few days.

America stood beside Japan's right side as they walked together side-by-side. Once in a while, he would look around his surroundings to see the kids play and then glance back down to kick a small rock he found interest in a few steps back. Japan stayed quiet most of the time with his hands shoved inside his pockets. He glances over at the rock that America just kicked and watched it skip rapidly in front of them, stopping just a few steps away from them. As they got closer to it, America left it alone and proceeded to watch the kids play as they continued walking together, his foot gently stepping over the little rock.

A small bird chirped at the distance, causing Japan to look over to his left and search for the bird that was causing the noise. America looks over to where he heard the chirping sound too, but shortly afterward moves his attention down to Japan's right hand that was now swinging gently to his side with every step he made. He stares at his hand for quite a while before deciding to reach for it and grasp it gently into his, rubbing his thumb over his forehand and taking in the soft texture of his fair skin. Japan flustered as he felt America's slightly bigger hand wrapped around his smaller hand, staring at both their hands before meeting America's shiny blue eyes. America gives him a flashy smile and winks an eye at him, causing Japan to blush even more than he already was. He quickly breaks their eye contact as he proceeds to look ahead of him, not bothering to remove his hand from the American's tight but gentle grasp.

America lets out a soft chuckle as he keeps staring at the smaller man, leaning a bit closer to him as he gently places his head on his shoulder. "What's the matter, Japan? You look like you've seen things you wish you never saw." He gives out a loud laugh, careful not to shatter Japan's eardrum, as Japan ducks his head down in embarrassment. Japan stutters for a bit as he tries to find the words he wants to say to the blond man, speaking in an almost hushed voice.

"N-Nothing's the matter, America. It's just that, you're a little too close to me right now and it's making me really uncomfortable..." America slightly looks up at Japan and gives him a small smirk before backing off a bit to give him some space, still keeping a hold of his right hand. He tilts his head a bit to the side as he looks over at Japan's face before speaking.

"Is that better?" Japan couldn't help but chuckle. He looked over in his direction and gave him a small smile as he held back America's left hand, giving it a gentle squeeze as he blushed.

"Yes, much better. Thank you!" America returns a smile as he looks ahead of him, carrying on with their casual walk without breaking their hands apart.