Day 2: Cuddling Somewhere

((The image above belongs to Pugishka from Tumblr.))

America laid across the couch in silence as he watched his favorite TV show in the living room with a bowl of popcorn on his lap. His legs were propped up on one side, one leg placed over the other, while his head rested on a big, soft pillow to keep his neck from getting sore. As he kept munching on his snack, he hears the front door unlocking and slowly opening as Japan walked inside and placed his shoes beside the door. America got up from his position and glanced over at Japan's direction, greeting him with his usual smile. "'Sup Japan! Home so soon?" Japan let out a slow, heavy sigh as he shuffled towards the kitchen to get something to drink, muttering out a small 'yes' as he kept walking. He came back to the living room with a water bottle in his hand and flopped onto the couch with all his weight, causing him to bounce a bit as he threw his head back in exhaustion.

"The meeting ended up being a lot shorter than planned, so everyone just went home early." America nodded his head in response. His eyes slowly gazed over Japan's face and couldn't help but notice the small bags that were formed under his eyes. He slowly gets up from his spot and moves a bit closer to him as he reaches a hand towards his face to touch his lower eyelid. Japan jumped at the sudden touch from America and smacked his hand away from him. He stared at him in utter confusion as he lifted his head to look at America. "What was that for!? You know I don't like to be touched, America!!" America kind of chuckled at his reaction, but tried not to show that much amusement when he saw how annoyed Japan was at him. He shrugs his shoulders at Japan before beginning to speak.

"No reason. I just wanted to know how they feel, that's all." Japan slightly rolled his eyes at him as he flops his head back onto the couch. America shifts his body over to sit next to Japan's side as he carefully placed an arm above the brunette's head. "Did you even sleep at all last night, dude? You look really tired." Japan slowly closed his eyes as he slides over to America's side and lay his head gently over his chest, causing a small blush to form over his and America's face.

"I didn't sleep that well. Your loud snoring kept me up all night and I barely had enough sleep." America blinked a few times before looking down at Japan. He felt a little bad for keeping Japan up at night, especially when he had an important meeting to go to early in the morning. Hesitating at first, he wraps an arm around Japan's waist and slowly brings him closer to him, bringing the two of them in a position they both found comfortable. He rests his chin gently on top of Japan's head as he gently rocks him back and forth.

"Aw, sorry bro. I didn't mean to keep you up so late at night." Hearing no response from Japan, he looks down at him and sees the smaller man already asleep in his arms. America was a bit surprised how quickly he fell asleep but didn't blame him since he didn't sleep that well last night. A small smile formed across his face as he gives Japan a gentle kiss on top of his head before laying back down on the couch to rest, not wanting to let go of Japan. He laid down on the couch with him for a short while before slowly falling asleep with him, leaving the TV on by itself and fill the house with loud noise as they slumbered peacefully together.