Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning with 4 texts from jack. I got really excited when I saw that, and I quickly sat up in my bed and wiped my eyes. My room was brighter than normal, so I sat for a second letting my eyes adjust.

Hey Lexi. You're probably still asleep, cause it's 6 am, but I'm really bored.

The second text read

So i realized how dumb I sounded in that last text, I'm still a little drunk. I don't even know why I'm texting you. You're sleeping. Haha

So it's 7 now. I didn't sleep all night. I probably sound really desperate sending these texts lol. Text me when you wake up. If you wanna.

Wow. Okay I'm fully awake now and I finally saw what I texted you after I woke up from like a 2 hour nap. I'm really sorry you must be so annoyed. I was wondering if you wanted to get breakfast or something. Text me.

I laughed to myself as I re-read the texts and I couldn't stop smiling. It was 9 now, so I figured I'd text him before it got any later.

Hey I'm up now. Breakfast sounds good. Meet me at Denny's?

Only 2 minutes past before I got a respond.

Yeah sure. Can't wait :)

I hopped out of my bed so quick I almost tripped over my comforter that had balled itself up at the foot of my bed. What was I going to wear? I wasn't usually one to obsess over my outfit, mostly because I had never really cared about how I looked around boys. The only boy I had truly ever hung out with was Levi, and he didn't care what I looked like half the time.

Jack was a casual person in the way he dressed, and since we weren't going somewhere super fancy I decided to dress how I did every other day of summer. Shorts and a T-shirt. I left my hair down, and when I went downstairs Drea said I looked really nice.

"I look like this everyday." I laughed, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. She was sitting on the couch with a fashion magazine and my mom was reading a romance novel beside her.

"I know, but, you look like you spent a little more time this morning. Seeing someone?" She winked.

Just then Levi walked in through the back sliding glass door with another boy who looked his age.

"You're up!" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes playfully and looked to the boy beside him.

"Lex, this is sam. Sam, lex."

"Hi," he said sticking his hand out.

"Hi." I smiled grabbing his hand.

"Ready for breakfast?" Levi asked, walking past me into the kitchen and Sam followed.

"Breakfast?"

"With jack?" Levi popped his head out of the kitchen doorway, his eyebrow raised.

"Oh...yeah.." I thought it was just going to be Jack and I, and to be honest I was disappointed that they were tagging along.

"You don't look to happy." Sam smiled, knowingly.

I had only just met him, and yet he was acting like a long time friend. I kind of liked that, and it smiled back, trying not to laugh.

"Wanna spend some alone time with him, huh? I get it. Let's stay behind, Sammy. Let her have her, alone time, with Jack." Levi smirked and I wanted to slap him and hug him at the same time.

"Better hit the road, lex. He'll think you stood him up."

My mom looked up and smiled.

"You've got a date?"