Caps and Beanies

~Donghyuck's POV~

"Hyuck, are you sure about this?"
"Is it your first time?"
"Isn't it yours?"
"No, it's not, duh."
"I think we shouldn't."
"Don't be scared, it has a few shakes, but it's fun."

I really didn't understand what was wrong. It was just a roller coaster. It's not like he's going to get hurt or anything.

"I-I think I'm going to go to find Chenle."
"Bitch don't, I didn't do a 30-minute line for this."
"I'm sorry." Mark said and turned around to leave.

But I grabbed him by his wrist.

He tried to wiggle it free. But just tried because we all know he didn't make it. I pulled him closer and hugged him tight, so he couldn't escape.

He continuously hit my back, trying to set free.

But it was too late.

We were already at the ticket stand.

"One for my boyfriend and I."

Suddenly Mark stopped hitting.

I handed the lady the money and walked towards the roller coaster ride, still holding him.

I let go of him and pushed him in, making him sit down on the cart. I sat next to him.

He was staring blankly to the front. I looked at him trying to figure out what was wrong. He pursed his lips together and clenched his hands into fists. Was he that nervous?

They put our seat belts on. He gulped. I grabbed his hand. 

"Calm down, Jesus fucking Christ."

I felt as his hand distended.

Good.

~Mark's POV~

"Did he just call me his boyfriend?"

That was the only thing I could think of right now. I couldn't pull away from his hug, I couldn't stop him from where we were going either.

I felt as he pulled away and sat me on the roller coaster. I tried to not look at him. But he held my hand.

Let go, let go, let the fuck go, LET GO

"Calm down, Jesus fucking Christ."

I felt as I could breathe again.

There you go. That was real Donghyuck. I became much calmer. I didn't even notice our hands were still holding.

The ride started going. I squeezed Donghyuck's hand.

Shit. Holy fuck.

The roller coaster started going up the trail. I squeezed Donghyuck's hand more and more. I held my breath. Closed my eyes.

Suddenly the ride stopped. For a millisecond, I thought it was over.

But no.

The roller coaster started going downhill as fast as it could get. Since I was still holding Donghyuck's hand, when he raised his arms, I was obligated to raise my right as well, however, my left was firmly on the iron stick in front of our seats.

Donghyuck started yelling joyfully. I turned my head to him and slowly opened my eyes. He did the same.

"Raise your hands! It's better that way!"

I did as told. It was better indeed. I started yelling, so did Donghyuck.

We made it through the turns, went uphill and downhill again, and waited for a loop that was coming.

I should've known better.

When we got on the loop, something tragic happened.

My amazing, almost-expensive, favorite white cap fell off my head and to the grounds of the ride.

Well, fuck.

As soon as we got off the ride, I approached Donghyuck.

"We have to go back in."
"Seems you actually liked it, huh?"
"No, Donghyuck, I don't wanna go back on the ride, we need to go back in."
Donghyuck tilted his head. "What do you mean?"
"My cap. It fell while we were on. We have to go to the grounds of the ride to get it."
"Pffft, are you crazy? Like they were going to let you in on the first place."
"I'm going." I said as I made my way to a worker.
"C'mon, Mark!" Donghyuck called. "You don't look that bad without the cap on."
"You don't understand." I stopped.
"What? You don't like your scalp? I mean, it's fine if you don't."
"I'm leaving."
Donghyuck rolled his eyes and grabbed my wrist. "Here." He put his black beanie on my head. "You look even better with that one, can we please go now?"

I froze. Before I could snap out of it, Donghyuck was already dragging me somewhere else.

We stopped by the ride's lockers, where he pulled my teddy bear out. I blankly received it. Donghyuck looked at me quizzically.

"What's the matter?"
"Oh, uh, it's nothing."
"You didn't like my beanie? 'Cause if you didn't you can give it back."
"No, it's dope, I like it." I replied quickly. 

Donghyuck smiled and I smiled back.

"Wanna go find Renjun and Chenle?"
"Sure, where are they?"
"I don't know, we'll have to look for them."

He wrapped his arm around my waist and started walking.

After 5 minutes of walking and talking, he suddenly let go of me.

"Last one to get to the carousel has to do tomorrow's dishes!" He said and dashed off to the said location.

I ran as soon as he did. No matter how hard I tried, he was still ahead of me. I couldn't help it, he was faster than me.

I got to the carousel, but Donghyuck was nowhere to be seen. I walked around looking for him but I couldn't find him.

Suddenly, something jumped on my back, wrapped his arms around my neck and leaned over my ear.

"You are the shameful loser, and you'll have to shamefully wash the dishes in shame." Donghyuck whispered.

I turned my head to where he was, making our faces only inches apart.

We smiled to each other.