prologue

Cheerful laughter filled the boy's little body but Jack started getting bored of this ten year old kid. They did have a good time together, but Jack was never contented staying best friends with a kid for too long. Children were interesting when he met them at first but eventually their behaviour was too predictable in the future.

"Justin! Stop talking to yourself!" An angry mom yelled as she made her way to the boy's room.

"I'm not talking to myself, I'm talking to my best friend Laughing Jack!" the boy responded happily.

"There you go again, Laughing Jack is not real! Why can't you just make friends with your neighbors?" The mother gritted her teeth.

"I don't like them!"

"What's wrong?" A deep male voice asked from afar.

"Your son is going about his imaginary friend again!"

The father entered the boy's room, his face looking sinister.

"How many times do I have to tell you, go make friends with your neighbors!" He scolded Justin.

"But I don't like them. Laughing Jack is a lot more fun to be with and he has lots of delicious candy-"

"ENOUGH!" he yelled. "I am so sick of your stories!"

There it goes again. Children were so gullible and immediately tell their parents about their new not so imaginary friend, but of course, parents would not believe what they can't see. In the later part they would get angry at their kids because they don't give up believing.

Parents were honestly really boring. Especially those who had only one child. They barely played with their kids at all but at least that is what Jack was for. He would cheer up little lonely kids and have fun with them and in the end even the parents  will join and play.

Yes, that was his favorite part. After all the scolding, he would finally play his favorite game with both the child and the parents and they would regret not paying more attention. The horrified look on their faces as they see their child all torn up... How exciting!

Jack watched as his parents scolded the boy and thought to himself that maybe now would be the time. The final game with the whole family. And after all is done he would go and look for another playmate that would entertain him.

He watched the parents leave the room, Justin kneeling on the ground, eyes full of tears.

"Why don't you let them see you?" He sobbed.

"Kiddo, your parents won't let us play anymore if I revealed myself to them." Jack replied. "Here, why don't you eat some?"

Jack opened his palm as candies magically appeared on them.

"Thank you, Jack!" The boy exclaimed happily and grabbed some of the candies.

And with that, Jack was forgiven.

"Jack, let's play a game!"

"Of course, what do you want to play?"

"You choose!"

"Me? Hohoho... very well." A twisted grin curved on Jack's lips, revealing his sharp teeth. Yes, that was perfect.

Later that night, the parents awoke to a loud scream. That must have been their little boy. Without questioning themselves, they shot up from their beds and ran to the kid's room.

Upon entering the room, the married couple immediately fell to their knees at the sight of their little boy and vomited on the carpet. His eye sockets were empty and his tongue was cut off, but the worst part was his open belly. Intestines were torn out and knotted into animal figures. Who could have done this?

Suddenly, a very tall and skinny man emerged from the shadows who looked like a monochrome clown. His blue grey eyes were filled with amusement and his raven black hair gently moved from side to side as he was walking closer. He wore a clown costume that consisted of only black and white, with a feathery set of arm warmers on his shoulder. He had a black and white cone nose that suited his costume.

"Who are you?" The father asked, completely horrified.

"I am Laughing Jack." He grinned again.

"Laughing... Jack...?" The mother's eyes widened at the name, as if she was shocked he actually existed.

"Yes, that is right. Look, Justin, your parents want to join our game." Laughing Jack called out to Justin, who was incapable of responding.

"... HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO OUR LITTLE BOY??!!!" The father screamed, grabbing a baseball bat and running off to hit Laughing Jack. Jack, however, never stopped grinning and as soon as the baseball bat was about to hit him he vanished, causing the father to hit his son instead.

They both screamed as their son's teeth flew out due to the hit and moved no more.

 "Justin, we are so sorry..." The mother sobbed, clinging up to her disfigured son.

It was always the same. Children and parents never learned but at least for Laughing Jack it was all fun. He hopped on the roof and started singing and laughing out of his amusement.

"... Kiss me quick and then I'm gone. Pop! Goes the weasel!"

The married couple was still mourning over their son but Jack's cheerful voice and laughter echoed through the night.