The Catch ; Chapter 23.

23.

It was only twelve in the afternoon when the familiar ringtone of Blythe's phone rang. She was still curled up in her covers, deep away in sleep. There was no joke that she was nicknamed Sleeping Beauty by her family, because she could sleep for hours. On a good night, sleeps last for about twelve to fourteen hours. On a bad night, eight to ten hours. So clearly, Blythe practically slept through half of her day. She didn't mind though. She managed to find a job which had a schedule to work with her sleeping times, and that was all she needed.

But right now wasn't a good time. Nevertheless, Blythe groggily opened her eyes and swung her heavy arm across. It slapped hard on the table, which her phone was under. Groaning in short pain, Blythe snatched up her phone and brought it towards her. Unlocking the touch-pad, she pressed the phone to the side of her face and cleared her throat.

"Hello?" Blythe asked in a rough tone. She reminded herself to throw the phone against the wall if it was a telemarketer.

"Blythe! La mia ragazza! How are you?" Papa Armando's cheery voice came bursting through the line. Blythe had to take the phone away from her ear as she wasn't used to the early morning cheerfulness.

"I just woke up, er, mi sono appena svegliato?' She said in an uneven tone. She was practising her Italian tongue as it was in her bloodstream and family line. And as Papa Armando knew how to speak fluent Italian, why not practice on him? She tried to translate the english sentence 'I just woke up" in which she merely guessed from the top of her head.

"Buon lavoro! Good job Blythe! You're getting a lot better." Papa Armando said. Blythe could almost feel his massive grin from the other line. Just for thinking about his grin made her smile as well. It was hard to make Blythe smile on an early morning, but only Papa Armando could do it.

"Why'd you call me on the telefono?" Blythe asked, wanting to get straight to the point. She heard Papa Armando clear his throat in a, happy sort of way on the other line.

"Well, today is Cathalina's birthday, and I want to take her out somewhere special. Do you think you could watch the bambini tonight?" Papa Armando asked. Of course, Blythe was obliged to say yes, in which she did. Plus, she loved the children, and Mama Cathalina, so who would it hurt? It wasn't like she had plans tonight. She'd just have to call Channing Tatum and tell him that she wasn't going to rent his movie and maybe watch it some other time.

As the line sounded dead, Blythe hung up and flung the phone to the ground. She then snuggled up in her pillows, and drifted off to sleep for another four hours.

*

Blythe knocked on the door of the bakery. She was forced to hop around in cabs as the lightning streaked across the sky. Normally, she would have been crouching in the corner of her room, hugging herself when lightning was approaching. But as she made her promise earlier, she couldn't take it back. Every time a bolt of lightning was heard, Blythe jolted and twitched madly. She couldn't help it, she was always afraid of lightning.

She knocked on the door more heavier and louder. Already, it was starting to darker outside, and soon it'd be nightfall. It was seven thirty and Blythe was clearly unhappy about the weather. She saw a thick figure come bouncing out of the back room, and as soon as she saw his terrified face, she smiled and waved like nothing was wrong.

"Blythe!" Papa Armando shouted, opening the bakery door and motioning her inside. Blythe hopped inside and lightly jumped as a loud crash came sounding from above. Papa glanced up, and then outside.

"Oh no, what horrible London weather..." He mumbled, shaking his head. Just then, a young, beautiful women came out in a flowing red skirt and a black blouse. Blythe would have never have worn this, but on her it looked amazing. That woman was none other, than Mama Cathalina. She managed to tidy herself her, as opposed to always meeting Blythe with her hair tied up and her slippers on. But tonight, her hair was down and curled, her bright red lipstick was smeared on gently, and she legs were hoisted up on beautiful black pumps.