Chapter 40- Etta

6 years later.....

"Mama look! Look! Watch this!" Juliet laughed, hopping up and down on her little feet, her brown curls bouncing on her head. Her blue eyes twinkled with delight.

I tugged the shawl tighter around my shoulders, smiling at my precious darling. It never failed to amaze me how much she looked like Jack.

Her voice snapped me from my thoughts, "Are you watching?!"

"Yes, love, Mama's watching." I said.

Juliet took a running start and did an awkward cartwheel, her skirts flying about her as she tumbled to the ground, laughing. I couldn't help but laugh along with her, running over to scoop her into my arms. I kissed her cheek, "That was wonderfully executed. I can tell you've been practicing."

I tugged my daughter closer to my chest, looking out over the fields as the wind brushed its fingers through the tall grasses, making the wildflowers dance. Juliet looked up at me, "Mama? Do you remember Papa?"

I chuckled a little at that, "Of course I do."

"What was he like?"

I was quiet for a moment, letting the memories slowly enter my mind. Memories that I had shut out for years. I remembered the feel of his arms embracing me, his scratchy beard when he hadn't shaved for a few days tickling my cheek as he kissed me....those things were bittersweet to me.

I let my fingers run through Juliet's hair as I talked, "Well, he had hair just like you. And the same eyes."

"He did?"

"Yep." I smiled down at her. "And he was the nicest and most helpful man you would ever meet. He would have been an amazing father, Juliet. He loved you so much, even though he never got to meet you."

"I wish I had met him." She frowned slightly, the wind catching her hair and drawing strands of it across her face.

"One day, love, you will." I promised. "But for now we just have each other."

Juliet wrapped her little arms around my neck, "I love you, Mama. I'm glad you're here."

Tears pricked my eyes, "I love you too darling."

She finally detached herself, the moment gone as she ran off to play amongst the flowers and ran grasses once again. She looked beautiful, her long hair blowing in the wind, her blue eyes twinkling with delight and not a worry or trouble in the world could ruin her spirit. My precious Juliet.

A/N
Heyyyyyy I'm so sorry for being gone for so long and putting off writing this last chapter!! I've been so busy with school and I haven't had any time to write. Hopefully I can have the bonus chapter finished for this book so I can finally wrap it up!!!

Anyways, thanks for all the support even though I've been MIA for a month and half (oopsies please forgive me😅)

Remember to vote and comment!

Love y'all!!
xxRosannaxx