Mistakes

I sit on my bed biting my lip. This can't be real. Did I really kiss Caleb last night? I fall back onto my bed and smile. I hear a knock on my door and my mom slips into my room.

"Dani, how was the party last night?" She says taking a seat on my bed. I smile at her and say "it was amazing." Without having to explain anything Mom knew what I was talking about. She squeals like a kid and then walks out doing her happy dance.

I'm glad that Mom approves of Caleb. If only dad were here to witness all of this.

I look towards my window and see Caleb looking at me. I open the window and he climbs into my room. I hold his hand but he pushes it away.

He takes a deep breath and avoids my eyes the whole time. "Caleb, what's wrong. You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Dani, last night was a mistake. It wasn't supposed to happen. I don't love you. I'm sorry." He says looking down. My face falls and tears swell up in my eyes. That is not what I expected.

"No Caleb. I kissed you because I really like you. I thought you liked me as well." I look up at Caleb and see his face full of regret. I knew he wasn't joking.

"I'm sorry Dani. I know how much that song meant to you." He says. "Then why did you let me kiss you? Why did you play with my heart." I spit out at him. "You can't blame this on me! I warned you before you kissed me. You took the leap of faith! Not me."

"No, I'm sorry for trusting you with my heart. You're just like everyone else!" His eyes go wide as these words slip out of my mouth. His eyes turn black and he climbs back into his room.

I sit on my bed and tears stream down my face. I'm so sorry dad. I let you down...

Caleb's POV

I throw my pillow onto the floor in frustration. She can't turn this on me! It's not my fault! I warned her but she was blind enough to trust me. I let her down.

Brian and Scott open the door to my room and notice my tears. "Dude, are you okay?" Scott speaks. "I hurt Dani." I whisper. "It was the kiss right?" Brian says.

"You love her Caleb. We all know you do. You're just scared of commitment because of Kira." My face turns red and I narrow my eyes at Brian. "DON'T SAY HER NAME!" I scream startling them. "The fact that you can't stand her name shows that you're not over what she did." Scott puts his hand on my shoulder but I brush him off.

"Kira is the reason why my life is so messed up. Obviously I'm not over what she did! She ruined everything and because of her, Dani is suffering." I scoff. "I just need some space from Dani that's all. I'm going to the bar if you need me." I walk right past them in embarrassment.

I haven't gotten drunk ever since I've met Dani and now I'm throwing it all away. I'm ashamed that I have to resort to this. I could mess with a girl but I'm not feeling it tonight. Getting drunk would be a better solution.

Dani's POV

"He said what?!" Ally yells. "What an asshole! I'm so sorry Dani it's all my fault. If I hadn't told you to kiss Caleb then none of this would've happened." She embraces me while tears flood her eyes. "It's not your fault. I'm glad you told me to kiss him. If I hadn't done that then I would've kept liking him and soon enough it would turn into love. I'm happy that he broke my heart before I loved him." I say giving her a half smile.

"I need to stop thinking about boys anyway. It's senior year and I have to do good at school." I voice. "That's the spirit! Once you're famous then he'll come running back." I chuckle and shake my head at her. "I'd rather him not come back at all." I sigh.

I walk towards my desk and open my books. I start looking over the material while Ally does the same. I highlight the key words and start making notes. This is what I love to do. Hard work has always been my first love. Who needs Caleb when I have my mom, Ally, Tyler and my books.

My mind wanders back to the day we danced to Still Got Time by Zayn. It was so perfect. I smile but then I remember what happened today and frown.

Ugh I can't stop thinking about him! Why did he move next door? My life would be way more simple if I hadn't met him. Okay Dani stop thinking about him. Focus on studying. I look at the material and start studying for real this time.

I'll be fine without Caleb. I try to convince myself. I'll be fine.

AN

I am soooo sorry for not updating! I got caught up with so much work + exams but now I'm done! I hope you liked this chapter. Like, comment, share!

-disneytrain