Thank You Next, Bitch

Caleb said he regretted losing me. Was he telling the truth? I guess there's only one way to find out...

I walk down the hallway with my books in my hand. I scan around the room and spot a brunette. I smile to myself and walk up to her. Taking a deep breath, I tap her shoulder. She turns around and as soon as she sees my face, she smirks.

"Clair." I say adjusting my books. "What do you want?" She says bitterly while walking away. I run up to her and grab her wrist. I drag her into the janitors closet and shut the door behind her. "What the hell is wrong with you, freak." She frees her hand from my wrist and fixes her hair.

"I want answers. Why did you kiss my boyfriend?" I ask. "Ex Boyfriend." She smirks. "Whatever, why did you kiss him?"

"You're so innocent Dani. He doesn't love you! He only tried to get with you for the glory. He loves me." She spits out smirking. "He does love me." I defend, looking into her eyes searching for answers.

"Sweetheart, you need to let him go. You really think he loved you? Look at you, you're a freak. No offence but you need a major makeover. No boy will ever love you if you look like that. I guess looks are something you can fix but you're a nerd and you're boring. Either way you suck." She examines her perfectly manicured nails and then looks back up at me.

"Now, if we're done here, I have to get to fashion design class. Tootles!" She struts out the closet moving her hair to the back. She walks right up to Caleb and runs her fingers through his hair. She blows him a kiss and then walks to class.

Clair's right. I am a freak.

As soon as the bell rings singling the end of the day I walk straight to my car and drive home. I run up the stairs and throw myself on the bed. Tears start to spill out of my eyes as I run Clair's words through my head.

How long am I going to feel sorry for myself? Caleb lost someone who loved him and I lost someone who never did. Why did I have to love him? Why did I have to feel this way? I can't show any weakness in front of him. He will not win. If he wants to cheat and be with Clair then so be it.

I quickly change and get in my car. All my life I've been chasing after boys who don't love me. It's time I love myself now. I park my car in front of the large building. I put in my headphones and walk in. I look around at the large machines and get to work.

I used to go to the gym a long time ago but then I stopped because I was so heartbroken after my last boyfriend cheated on me.

Once I finished up at the gym, I drove back home. I get out of my car and spot Caleb. I bite my lip and walk into my house ignoring him. I drop my gym bag and walk into the shower. Scrubbing my body with soap, I think about Clair's words. I really do need a makeover but not to impress anyone or show that I was affected by Clair's words. I want to do this for myself. I always put myself last so it's time I changed that.

After I got out of the shower, I walk over to my closet and pick out my clothes for tomorrow. I gaze around until my eyes spot something. A smile spreads across my face. Perfect.

I head to bed anticipating for tomorrow.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile

I look at myself in the mirror and smile. I can't wait for today. I get in my car and drive to school. Once I reach, I undo my seatbelt but stay seated. Sighing I take a deep breath. You can do this Dani. You are worth millions.

I get out of the car and push the door closed. I walk into the school and get looks from basically everybody. I adjust my bag on my shoulder and keep walking with my head held high. "Dani! You look gorgeous love." Ally says hugging me. "Thank God you decided to be a badass rather than spending $50 on ice cream for four months." I smile at her while ruffling her straight brown hair.

I walk down the halls and enter English class. The whole class looks up at me as I walk over to my seat. From the corner of my eyes I see Caleb walk over to me and smile. "Dani, you look great." He states stuttering slightly. "I know I do. I don't need to hear it from you." I cross my legs and look up at smirking slightly.

He takes his seat and sighs. I see Clair walk into the classroom and scoff. "Freak show actually got a makeover? Caleb is still mine so good luck." She says loud enough for the whole class to hear. "I don't want him. He is totally not the guy I fell in love with. You two kids have fun." I put my sunglasses on my head and raise my eyebrows at her. She rolls her eye, walks over to Caleb and kisses him. "See you after school baby boy." gag.

The bell rings and I go about the rest of my classes. In the halls, I got many stares from people, some with disgust and others with spark in their eyes. The spark was not love but rather something totally disgusting. How do popular girls like Clair deal with the stares? This is definitely something I have to get used to.

One day down, a lifetime to go.