Questions

"Ms. Ste-Terra" the counselor pleads.

"Stop this, this is madness. I'm right here in front of you. Perfectly fine. My parents had a night out while I stayed at my friend's house. The house is clean now and I'm okay.  So if we could hurry this up that would be great. "

"are you sure?"

"STOP QUESTIONING ME" I shout. I am beyond done with her at this moment. I hate people.

she can't force me to talk to her. I grab my bag and walk out of the door.  Heading back to class. Every one stared at me.  I turned around and decided I'd wait till after this class. I ran to the bathroom. I open the 1st stall door shutting it behind me and leaning against the wall.

What? This is horrid. I can't go online to talk to people. I can't talk to anyone here. All those people are staring at me.

I slid down and pulled my knees to my chest and putting my face on them.
Oh well. I'll just go back to homeschooling. Or I could go home and stop living.

Just finish this day.

Okay, with this new motavation I stand up. The bell rings. Saying it's time for lunch.

I take a deep breath and walk out of the bathroom, and to the lunch room. I grab my lunch and walk towards the table. Some people where staring but it wouldn't matter after today.

I sit down across from Matt. Mustering a fake smile

"You ready for tonight after school" he asks

Shoot I forgot. I'm hanging out with Matt tonight to get his mind off of his grandma. I was bringing my problems to him and ignoring his. I'm such a bad friend.

"yeah" I breathe

he puts his hand on my thigh.

"how are you feeling" I ask

"good, but I know your not. You have that look in your eye."

"drop it" I bite

"fine, but now you have to sit next to me. "

"whatever" I roll my eyes as I get up and move to the other side of the table.

Lunch takes a long time. I keep checking the clock.

"are you okay, you keep checking the clock, your attitude seems... Off"

"today is the day"

"the day for what Terra, what are you talking about"

He turns to face me as I play with my food. I am not telling him. He will talk me out of it. After his house tonight. I will take my last breath exactly at midnight.

"never mind" I plaster my fakest believable smile.

"okay"

"just having a bad day" I laugh. It's dry and depressing but it's all I can do.

My throat is dry, my eyes dry.  I just remembered I haven't eaten or drank anything for 2 days.
***
I walk to my class and find a ton of notes.

Kill your self.

Ha your parents are gross

Your life must suck.

Nasty girl.

Trashy.

Fake.

Wannabe.

Poor girl with screwed parents.

No life low life.

Tears drip down my face. I'm done with classes I'll just sit in the bathroom with ear buds.

~•~

The final bell rings and I walk out of the bathroom and to my locker. On my locker a bunch of notes where. I just left them there opening my locker grabbing my bag out and walking out the school doors waiting for Matt. I look at my ringing phone.

'Alexis🌟'

I chose not to answer it and let it go to voice mail. When I got angry texts.

Lexi: TALK TO ME!
Lexi: Please
Lexi: I'm sorry
Lexi: did our friendship mean anything to you? I don't think it did because you threw it all away for some boy.