Deal.

I sit up a feel around my bedside table for my phone. My phone case was a light purple that faded grey. When I shake it blue little sparkles fly around the back of it. I finally found my phone. I lay flat on my back checking my notifications. That had been a routine for awhile now.

I smile noticing a text from Alexis.

Lexi: Heard about your little hang out! 😉 Hope you had fun!! 😂😏 😏

Me: you little perv. Nothing happened we played truth or dare and ate food. The worst dare was me having to snort a pixie stick. So chill.

I leave out a few major details. Wanting to keep them to myself. Nothing crazy happened he just listened when I was talking about my life.

"I mean it's just really hard with both non-functional parents. " I said a tear rolling down my cheek.

He whiped the tear off my cheek with his thumb. Holding my head up gently  causing me to look in his eyes. My skin tingling under his touch. My stomach flutters. I didn't know that his touch could leave me so breathless. I look at him trying to catch my breath and keep the heat from his touch away. I've felt weird around him lately. Its like being around him makes me smile,  it makes my day better. I think I'm going crazy. I snap back into reality. And he is still cupping my face.

"cut that out! You are not allowed to do that here! You're my bestfriend!! No being sad" he laughed. "in all seriousness I'm here when you need me bestfriend" he emphasized that last word.

Of course. Welcome to the friend zone.

~•~

I pull out a boul and pour cereal in it. How does someone stay on the computer all day everyday. Leave it to my mom. My dad started drinking when his mom died. I miss my old dad. The sober version. The one who use to take to baseball games, dance, and out for  ice cream. It's like everyday I watch them get worse. We get our mom from my dad's disability.  He gets a $750 Social Security check every month. We use to go out to eat once a month. That stopped. The most amazing woman in my life died. She was my grandmother. My dad's mom. I'm named after her. I miss her everyday.

Okay I better eat this cereal before it gets soggy. No one likes soggy cereal.
I face time Lexi while I eat. I'm eating in the kitchen. Just a room away from my parents. The smooth red boul becomes more interesting as I listen to Lexi rambling on about a boy she is interested in.

"that's why he is awesome. " she giggles

"sounds like someone has caught feels" I tease.

"oh come on you know you have a thing for Matt. Your face says it all. " she whips her beautiful blonde locks.

My parents are in the other room. Why did she just say that.

"not a chance. " I lie knowing I kinda like him. I want to think of him as more but I know I shouldn't. Seeing as that would be impossible.

"whatever. You down to play video games later?" she asks

I nod my head in response.

"I've been dying to play"

"yup" she pops the P

~•~
The next day. During school
***

I straighten my skirt and take a seat. In the blue chair connected by a silver bar to a  semi brown desk. Tammy was seated on my left. Matt was seated in my right. Today was senior ditch day. Since I'm in higher- intelligence classes aka senior classes. Only a few people where here. I convinced Matt to go and not skip. Mostly because I have almost every class with him and I don't want to be alone. He understood and he came.  The reason being it was a part of our little deal. Something that started over face time. This morning.

"why did you guys come today, only losers come today" The loud teacher spoke.

I raise my hand.

"yes, stienfeild. " he called on me.

"I'm only a junior." I caught a glimpse of the smile on his face before it disappeared. "so that means the rest of these people are losers" I laugh.

I'm normally not comfortable talking out like that but there is only 5 people in this room.

"well then." after that starts babbling.

Matt scoots his desk closer. So I can hear him Whisper. Causing me to look into his beautiful eyes.

"I'm a loser now eh?" he wiggles his eye brows.

I look forward at the board and then back to him. Smiling.

"you've always been a loser." I make an L shape and put in on my forehead for a second.

"I see how it is" he laughs silently. His bouncing shoulders forcing a piece of hair to fall in front of his eye.

He ran his fingers through his hair trying to control it. Matt looks down at me noticing I was still staring. He winks. I look away quickly blushing lightly. He is such a flirt.

Looking at the teacher budding in and out of the conversation.

~•~

Lunch time rolled around quickly. Tammy and I walking around arms linked. Then Matt decided to put an arm around my shoulders. I can't ask him to not because of our deal.

I look up at him and he is smiling like an idiot. This deal is going to kill me. I look back at my feet.  All of Our feet  walking in sync. I use my free hand to get my phone out of my pocket and snap a perfect picture and video of all of our feet. Gosh I'm such a weirdo.

Once we get to lunch Avery sat in my seat. Avery hated my guts. She wanted me to be miserable. The only one who knew this was Matt. The table was full. Matt noticed what she was doing. He grabbed my hand pulled me into his lap. I couldn't resist because of the deal. I was highly uncomfortable. I like Matt but I don't think I like this.

We ate lunch and acted normally. I got a couple of side glances from a few table members but I just shrugged it off.

I agreed to this deal. I have to see it through.