Disapeared?

We headed to the great wooden doors and pushed them open together with all our might. The mansion was quiet.

"Uncle!?" I shouted through the old house.
We started to look around in different rooms when we found Miss Heliotrope sitting by the fireplace.

"Miss Heliotrope, have you seen uncle? We must speak to him."

Miss Heliotrope turned towards us with a surprised expression.

"You're back! Thank goodness, myself and Marmaduke we worried sick. Robin! Where have you been? Are you alright."

"Yes. All thanks to Maria." Robin turned towards me and gave me a slight kiss on the cheek.
"Have you seen uncle Miss Heliotrope?" I asked in anticipation.
"Why, Maria. Your uncle Benjamin has been dead for the last 15 years. Surely you know that."
Me and Robin both turned to each other with puzzled faces.
"I'm sorry, but, did you just say my uncle was dead."
........
I didn't know what to think. I sat with Robin staring up into my bedroom ceiling, as small shooting stars occasionally twinkled by. Robins head was next to mine, full with confusion and desperation.

"What do you think she meant." Robin asked me.
"I'm not sure. How can my uncle be dead when I saw and talked to him just this morning?"
Then my mind went aside to Marmaduke.
"What about Marmaduke? He might know what has happened to uncle."

To Be Continued...