Break Free

I awoke to the sound of shuffling feet as the sun shined through the incredibly small window above me. Where am I now? The last thing I remember was Robin tackling me. Robin. I didn't even recognise him anymore. What had happened so suddenly that he would completely lash out at me?
The room I was in was dark and damp. A lot like a cell. Another cell, great.
I remember Robin using my knife to open the last cell door we were trapped behind. If only he was here now. But he's not.
I took my knife from my ankle and started to slowly but carefully pick at the lock. One...two...and I was out! They really should make the security better around here. I tiptoed quickly down a flight of dusty old stairs. I didn't know where they would lead me but all I needed was hope.
I came to what looked like another line of cells. There were about 6 of them in a row. I stepped towards the first cell in which a boy (no older then my age) was sitting huddled in a corner, crying into his hands.

"Hello?" I whispered, making sure that none of the sleeping guards would hear me.
The boy turned. The. I realised that the boy was Robin. Salt driven tears were down his cheeks and his eyes were red with pain.

"Maria? What are you doing here? It's me they want not you. You should get out of here."

"I'm not leaving without you."

"I'm so sorry for whatever I did to you before."

"You don't remember?" I asked as I began to quietly pick the lock to his prison bars.

"No. I don't remember anything."

The door soon unlocked and I took Robin into my arms. He crude into me for a bit then I said:

"What have then done to you?"

"They had something...it was weird...like a mind changer."

"That must have been why you attacked me so suddenly." I muttered under my breath.

"Did you say attack?"

"No time to explain, we need to get out of here. Now."

We made our way up some steps and towards a hallway. There were multiple doors but we chose the one nearest the end, figuring it would lead us out.
We opened the door to a whole room full of guards and men. A man was hand cuffed in the middle of the room on his knees but we couldn't see his face.

"Get them!" Shouted one of the men.
We tried to escape but I was pulled away from Robin with a lot of force.
I was dragged to the middle of the room with the hand cuffed man followed by Robin. I looked over to my right side and spotted that the hand cuffed man looked exactly like... my uncle.

To Be Continued...