Chapter 1 [Rewrite]

Chained and bruised.

Deafening silence and abyss black.

Coarse ground, bitingly cold.

Everything becomes nothing.

Nothing becomes everything.

Sliver of fate.

The string that connects all.

Untangling and shortening.

When the wheel turns.

Death shall accept all.

.

.

.

"Hello, Miharu"

-----------------------------------------------------

Alice Academy.

A large and prestigious educational institute situated in different parts of the world, housing young talents of different kinds. Gifted children enter and held in the palm like a golden apple; loved and hated, untainted and scarred, formidable and vulnerable.

Moderated by the government and specifically designed for individual beings, Alice Academy was a world different, an impregnable fort ready to protect and educate – a place that isolated all from outside's influences; shrouded in secrets.

For many, Alice Academy was a place brimmed with both brightness and darkness, looming over the vast land like a heavy blanket.

A step through the gate and you are cut off from the outside.

A step through the gate and you are in a land where imagination can become real.

An entirely different realm – An unimaginable world, hidden behind the tall wall and strong barrier.

For Serio Miharu, this place was her new home; unknown and unfamiliar. The only thing anchored her to this place was a person who resided here.

Perhaps, maybe with time and effort, she will come to adore this place.

It was strange, to depart from the place she lived since birth and to leave from the place she has come to love as her second home. To leave behind the past and welcome a new future that comes with him. It was scary and overwhelming but it was for her goods – he told her so and she always believes and trusts him.

Even so, Miharu didn't appreciate being left alone to wait in the hospital's corridor after her checkup. The scent of medication was strong and sharp, stinging her sensitive nose; the sound of people bustling around, minding their businesses was loud enough to her keen ears for her to be bothered – or perhaps it was simply the presences of strangers that unnerved her.

It was suffocating.

No matter what he had said and explained to her about this or the reason for his departure, Miharu still didn't like it despite finding them understandable.

She didn't like it, everything, the chatters, the smell, the soft cushion of the couch, the cold draft of the air condition, the warm sunlight shines through the window nearby and any other thing she could think of at the moment, only serve to remind her of his absence – even though there was no any connection other than the lack of the solid presence that should be somewhere nearby.

(She didn't like it, not when she remembered clearly of how contenting it was to be with someone. How delightful it was to be with him.)

Breathing in slowly and deeply, Miharu curled on the couch and shield herself away from the ray of sun – the warmness, while a luxurious thing, pricks her sensitive cold skin. Perhaps, she hasn't grown used to it despite having been out and soaked in it occasionally these past few months, or maybe it was because she was all alone in an unknown place at the moment.