Chapter 5 [Rewrite]

Happy new year, dear readers! May only good things enter your life~

-------------------------------------------------------

"Nogi Ruka-kun~!"

.

Sumire shot up in indignant, "What!?"

She stared at her teacher ridiculously.

First, Natsume and now, Ruka!?

What's the meaning of this!?

The mentioned boy jolted in shock, light blue eyes widened and light rosy lips fell opened slightly. W-What...?

By his side, the raven haired boy stiffened at the announcement, hidden eyes glaring at the smiling teacher who obviously felt the killing intent leaking out from him.

"Reject! Reject!" Sumire screeched in protest, vehemently trying to change the teacher's choice, "Narumi-sensei! The bench is only for three students! Right now, there are Natsume-kun, Ruka-kun and Sakura Mikan – even if I don't want her to be there". She whispered the last sentence grudgingly and hissed at the brown haired girl like an angry cat.

"It's not like I want to sit there!" Mikan, who still felt the stings of humiliations and assaults from yesterday, shouted heatedly in return, exchanging a glare with the green haired girl. "I'm not sitting!"

Miharu frowned at the yells, brows furrowing as she tried to hide away from them even if she couldn't physically do so.

The blonde haired man waves Sumire's – and Mikan's – words away dismissively and smiles charmingly, "Don't worry, Sumire-chan, Miharu-chan is small. They will fit". Sumire was aghast at how nonchalant her teacher was even if what he pointed out was ridiculously true – that girl was tiny, she will certainly fit.

Narumi blinked at her, "And it's not like it stops you guys from sitting more than three during break, no? And besides, I didn't even say anything about Miharu-chan sitting with Ruka-kun yet"

The green haired girl flushed in embarrassment.

"But I have to say you're quite intuitive. Yes, Miharu-chan will be sitting with Ruka-kun" Narumi laughed brightly. He turned to look at the blind girl behind him and smile, bending down to gently nudge her forward again but this time to her designated seat, "Come on, Mihari-chan. Let's go to your seat. Mikan-chan too"

Hearing that, Mikan shook her head furiously in disagreement, "No! No! I'm not sitting with Natsume!"

She shuddered at the thought of it.

Imagine the horrifying experience she could get from that!

Hell, it was.

The mentioned boy angled his face away from her with a scoff, practically careless of what she thought and wanted as long as it doesn't trouble him or Ruka.

"Hm" Narumi eyed her for a moment, taking in the strong emotion surging in her amber brown eyes before shrugging, broad shoulders falling delicately. Seeing that, Mikan immediately darts for Hotaru whose lips' corners twist slightly when the girl flung over. The short black haired girl sidestepped the incoming body.

Mikan cried pitifully as her body crashed onto the floor.

Narumi shook his head at the girl, she didn't even waits to know if he allows her to change seat or not but oh well, it wasn't like any of his students really stay in one place all the time – except for Jinno-sensei's class, so well mannered they become but he can't blame them, Jinno-sensei was a force to be reckon. He turned back to Miharu and started to gently lead her forward, making sure his emotion offered her nothing but comfort and assurance as he helped her down the raised platform. The way to the seat was a bit difficult and awkward as Miharu was reluctant to move and refused to release Narumi, clinging to him even more than before.