Chapter 13

POV of Trina

Time seems to stand still as Florence struts over to the glass bowl. Everyone's eyes are burning into the back of her poofy blouse as she swirls her hand around in the bowl. She pulls out a slip of paper. I wonder whether it is my name on that paper or Kate's. My stomach churns in a sudden freak out moment. What if its me? no it can't be. no no no. I take a deep breath and watch as Florence returns to the microphone and slowly opens the paper. As she reads the name, my heart sinks. My eyes feel like they're gonna roll our of my head. My ears burn and my nose tightens as I register the release of pressure from my hand. Dia has let go. She looks sadly at me, holding back tears of sshock. I gasp as my legs pull me to the front. Florence gives me a shaky smile and pulls me up onto the Justice building stage. I must looked completely scared out of my wit because she asks me if I'm okay. I think she asks that. She's staring at me as if waiting for an answer. She repeats her question and this time I hear her. I nod. I am Trina Everthorn. I feel like running but Florence grabs my elbow and leads me over to where I am to sstand. From all the feelings busting, bubbling and churning inside me, I can only pick out one distinct gut feeling. Fear.