Newbie

(Y/N)'s POV

I sit in the warm booth, watching the snow flurry outside of the window next to me. I lean my cheek onto the cold glass and stare at the neon lights above me. An older man sets a milkshake on the table and I look at him. My face must've shown the confusion I felt, because he chuckled softly. "It's on the house. You look stressed."

"Is it that obvious?" I move the shake close to me and suck the sweet contents out with the straw. He nods. "'Course it is, kid." He gives me a smile and nod before getting back to work.

The bell rung on the door and the waiter I talked with greeted the boy that walked in. "Hey Jug." The boy known as Jug, who looked to be about my age, nodded towards him and began walking towards me. I was never good at talking to people, so I just looked down to my shake.

Jug's POV

I walk into the familiar diner and take a deep breath, enjoying the calmness of the place. I had my laptop in hand and greeted my father. "Hey Jug." He said. I gave him a nod and turned towards my usual seat. A girl with (H/L), (H/C) hair covering her face sat there. I walk towards the person, hoping they weren't a total jerk, to ask for my seat. Soon, I stood in front of her watching as she slowly looked up at me. Her eyes were slightly red, as if she'd been crying earlier today, and the milkshake in front of her was almost halfway gone. "Excuse me?" I asked quietly, as if I would scare her. "I usually sit here when I come so..." I thought for a moment and shrugged. Screw it. "Can I sit with you?"

3rd Person POV

(Y/N)'s eyes widen slightly and without even thinking, she nods slowly. She silently cursed herself for doing so as Jughead slipped into the opposite side of the booth. He pulled out his laptop and opened it, glancing to (Y/N) from time to time. She kept her eyes down on her shake as Jughead typed away. "So," He began, hoping to start a conversation. "what's your name?" Her head snatched up quickly, sending her (H/C) hair flying around her face. "Um...It's (Y/N)." Jughead  stops typing and looks up. "I'm Jughead. Nice to meet you, (Y/N)." He said her name slowly, enjoying how easily it rolled off of his tongue. (Y/N) gave a shy smile. "So what are you writing on there? If you don't mind me asking."

"A novel."

(Play song)

(Y/N)'s smile grew into a grin. She'd enjoyed reading ever since she was a child, so this perked her  interests. "About?" Jughead mirrored her expression and leaned foreword a bit. "Riverdale. The oh-so-mysterious home that has too many secrets to hide. A few of which, have just been found."

"Most of the secrets around here are the people." (Y/N) said with a sip of her milkshake. Jughead raised a brow and began typing quickly. "You don't mind if I steal that right?" (Y/N) giggled softly and shook her head. "Not at all."

The bell rung once again, signaling someone had come in. The two looked up and Jughead shot up, greeting the girl that had come in. "Betty, hey." He said, interrupting (Y/N) in the middle of her sentence. Betty, who had her hair slicked back in the usual ponytail, grinned and gave Jughead a hug, which he returned quickly. (Y/N) sipped her shake and stared out of the window. The snow covered the ground softly, melting into droplets on the window.

"Betty this is (Y/N)."

At her name being said, her head whipped around and she gave a small, fake, smile. "Hi." Betty returned the smile and turned back to Jughead. "So you said Friday you're free? I still need help with the Blue and Gold." Her ponytail swayed left to right as she spoke. (Y/N) stood and left, unnoticed by the pair as she slipped outside into the snow filled air.

I could get used to this place.

(Y/N) turned to the diner one last time and smiled, disappearing into the night.