the night of the dance part 2

(y/n)'s POV

Kevin left me to go to the "bathroom" with Moose. We all know where that's headed.

I decided to place myself away from the loud speakers, talking, and punch laced with Vodka. There were multiple drunken teens wobbling around on the dance floor and stranded in the halls.

The bathroom was filled with girls fixing their make-up or "getting it on" (which really meant taking their clothes off ) with their boy/girlfriends.

I took a cup of punch a few minutes ago, just for a buzz. It tasted disgusting. It burned as soon as it entered my mouth. Ugh. I saw Bee and Vee dancing with Jug and Archie a few minutes ago, and lost them of course.

Betty and Jug looked like they were having fun. Like a normal couple should at a dance...

I felt myself getting angry and sighed.

"(y/n)" Someone said, and I looked up. "Why are you crying?"

Jughead had his eyebrows furrowed with his face filled with worry. Wait...I was crying?!

"O-oh.." I wiped a tear quickly and stood. "Just tired."

He looked at me and shook his head, grabbing my hand. We were going to an empty classroom.

He opened the heavy wooden door and pulled me inside. "Sit." He smiled softly, pointing to a desk across from him.

"Jughead, really, i'm f-"

"(y/n). Please just sit." He pleaded.

I nod and do as I'm told. He sits as well.

"So, why were you crying?"

I shake my head. "I told you I'm tired." He scoffed.

"You cry when you're tired? We've spent multiple nights at your place together and you haven't cried once. Is this new?"

I bit my lip and felt the tears build up. Him worrying for me, listening to me...He must do this for Betty a lot. I'm jealous.

"Jealous?" I looked at him, amazed. Did he read my mind? Wait..

"Did I say that out loud?"

"You said "I'm jealous." Jealous of what?" He leaned forward in his chair.

"You and Betty." It's half true. "You both are just so in love," I squeezed my hands into fists. "I want that." From you. "I want to be loved." By you.

"Well," He said. "It's not as amazing as it seems."

What?

"Me and Betty. We both have troubling backgrounds, yes. Hers' isn't as noticeable but it's there. Just because we have that in common doesn't mean we're perfect for each other. She's an amazing girl, don't get me wrong. But, I don't feel the same attraction I used to when w first got together. After all the crazy things she's done that's almost got us into an insane amount of trouble...I can't. I won't deal with that anymore." He said it all in a hurry, which I could hardly keep up with.

"I'm going to break up with her tonight."  He sighed.

I stayed silent for the moment, just listening to the thumping of the deafening music coming from the gym.

He's going to break up with her.

Tonight.