Chp.4: "Hooded Strangers & Waxy Intentions" (Rewritten)

' Originating from the words of Algonquian Native American folklore, the wendigo is known to be one a creature of the woods in Canada and Northern Minnesota. Mostly told to be taller than fifteen feet, this creature can describe as very thin, and has features of a human and a deer.'

Flop!

I groan as I lay on my sleeping bag, already bored of reading 'Supernatural and More' the fifth time. It has been not more than four days since the Gobblewonker incident. I have no idea what Mabel and Dipper did with that photo of the beaver and the creature...

But why should I care?

"It's not like I'll see them ever again," I mumble, sitting up as I reach for my bag. I pull it closer to me, yet something struck me off. Is it a bit... lighter, than last time? Must be my mind. 

After stuffing my book in, I stand up and stretch, deciding to actually move around rather that lay down all day. Exiting the bedroom, I stop slightly at the top of the stairs to hear muffled, excited voices from below. 

'Probably Stan conning another costumer,' I think as I walk down the steps. Yet when I finally reach the first floor, the voices bounce from the hallway rather than the gift shop. Curiosity taking over, I walk to the voices, only to see Soos, Dipper, and Mabel standing in front of a door it seems. Not wanting to join in, I turn away to head to the tv room

"Yo (Y/n)!"

I flinch, looking back to see everyone staring at me. "I found this secret door! Wanna come check it out?" I look at Soos then to the twins, wondering if I go for another mystery or be lazy in the tv room?

'GO...' 

'But...'

'GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOO!'

"...Sure," I say, walking towards them to get rid of the annoying voice in my head.

...

What Soos found actually was a hidden door disguised behind the wallpaper, and in that room was-

"Woah...It's a secret wax museum!" Dipper quietly says as he shines a flashlight around.

"There's so lifelike," Mabel says, rubbing the dust of her finger from touching a wax Sherlock Holmes. 

Yet, my stomach of coarse was dropping. I anxiously look at the statues, their weird, waxy eyes looking into the distance being shined on by the hallway light. What was even more creepier was that they indeed seem lifelike. Was that good or bad? I cautiously walk over to Dipper, who was still observing the waxy figures.

"Except for that one," Dipper says, making me look to him as he points out a particular one. What his flashlight hit was a weird, circular white thing. But when I look higher, my eye's light up in realization.

"Dipper, that's actually-"

"Hello!" Stan interrupts me, moving his arm in greeting while everyone else minus me screams.

"Ha ha, it's just me. Your Grunkle Stan!" Stan says as Dipper shines the light at his face. Just as Stan finishes his sentence, Dipper and the others scream again, causing him to drop his flashlight and run away with them. I stay in my spot and watch them run off.

"Jeez, what's up with them?" Stan asks to no one in particular. I stand next to him just as he looks down, only for one of his eyebrows to rise up in questioning.

"What the- When did I have this one?" He asks as he get's his face in mine. "Man, it's looks just like (Y/n)..." I almost gage as his breath hits my face, and for that I decide to play a prank on him.