Chapter 23 - "This action... isnt exciting!"

AVA'S POV

          "When are you going back to Astor?" I ask when I notice Rina has been packing.

          "I'm not sure when. Why? Do you want me to go back to Astor that badly?" She asks me again. I shake my head no.

          "No! Heaven's no. I'm sure Nicole agrees with me, right?"

          Nicole is shoving food in her mouth when she nods at us.

          "Seriously, What are you doing? Don't eat too fast. You'll choke." Rina goes to her side and wipes her mouth with a clean napkin.

          I can't help but to think about my sister at this moment. I have no idea how to help her. Every step I've taken to look for the person responsible for her accident comes to nothing. It always ends up as a dead end.

          "Ava, you seem tense. Are you thinking about Vero?"

          I nod. I look up to Rina and Nicole who are looking at me with their worried look. "Is it really okay for Fiona to take care of her tonight? I don't want my sister to die if Fiona decides to do something to her." I am about to take my car keys when Rina slams my hand on the table and looks at me with a smile on her face.

          "Don't be silly okay. She wouldn't dare. She promised she will take care of Vero tonight, and we shall take that offer. If you want to feel satisfied, we can call for Kelly or one of the butlers to check on her. You need some rest." She nods her head at Nicole. "Nicole will take care of your needs tonight. I have something to do. I'll be back before midnight."

          She takes my keys and walks out of our room.

          Nicole walks and stands behind me before placing her hands on my shoulders massaging me.

          "I'm really sorry. I ruined your honeymoon."

          "Can everybody just stop being sorry for me? I think I can afford to go anywhere now that both you and Rina like to spoil me rotten. London is nothing. We can go next time, all three of us."

          That makes me smile. Only this woman can do such a thing.

          "Do you know where Rina's going?" I ask.

          I'm beginning to feel curious about that though.

          "No idea. But she did call for several maids to go with her earlier. The destination, no idea."

          Several maids? Where are they going? If she needs the help of the maids, that's probably a serious matter.

          "Did you two hit it off?" I ask. For some reason, she seems ... glowing and the way Rina talks to her, they seem closer than usual.

          "Hmm.. that's a good question. Maybe we did."  She says the last part as low as possible.

          Oh wow! They did have sex.

          I smile. "So, Rina finally managed to break into that thick brick wall around you, huh? Even I haven't penetrated that deep before. The last time we did, you were not conscious."

          She blushes.

          I mean who passes out while having sex?! Only she does. She was not even drunk that night!

          "Ava, can I ask for a favour? I know it's not a perfect time for it but ..."

          I raise my hand. "What is it? You can ask for anything ... well if I can give it to you that is." I smile.