Chapter 25 - The Mysterious Fara

NICOLE'S POV

          "I'll be right back." Rina smiles at both Veronica and me before she goes outside to take a phone call of hers.

          I sigh, and that makes Veronica chuckle. "What made you sighing that way? It's normal for her to take her calls outside. She's a Duchess.  She has a country to govern after all."

          That peeks my interest. "What? She governs Astor? I thought that's a job for the king."

          Veronica chuckles again. "You really need to know the scope of her job. A Duchess has public and auxiliary duties that support the royal family. In this case, she's married to my sister, the daughter of a princess." Veronica explains. "She travels to places on behalf of the king representing the royal family of Astor. Sometimes, Rina does her own research for any charities that she chooses to attend and helps behind the scenes.

Her work doesn't need the media exposure as much as Ava's work. But her duty as a duchess exceeds her spouse."

          I never knew she had that many duties.

          "If Ava decided to run for the throne, both you and Ava could be queens." Veronica winks. "By the way, did Rina or Ava asked you to attend any classes? You're a Duchess after all. In the eyes of the nobles in Astor, you're their superior. I was forced to attend those classes when I was 7-10 years old. It was hell for me."

          Does she intend to scare me or something?

          "No classes that I know of."

          Right at this moment, Rina walks in again and smiles at us both. She tells us that Ava has just arrived in Japan. After she tells us that, Rina goes to the couch and sits there as I talk to Veronica even more.

          "Just look at her. On the phone again." I whisper.

          "She probably has a lot of work put on hold just to be here. But, I am confused though. Why didn't she let you do any duties of a Duchess yet? Did you request to be put on hold of duties?"

          What? I don't even understand whatever Veronica's saying.

          "Nicole has to focus on her studies first. After she's graduated if she wishes to continue, she'll continue. If she wants to work, either she uses her degree for a good cause or be a duchess." Rina suddenly explains to us both. "Is that okay with you?" She finally looks up at us both. She never fails to smile at me. "I don't want to be a control freak. You have the will to choose whatever you want to do with your life. I'm just a wife, the person you'll be spending your lifetime with. Ava will agree with anything we suggest anyway."

          She will? I remember something that Mary told me before.

          "Hey, does Ava have a fan base?" My question shocks them both. What's so shocking about that?

          "You don't know? Ava has over 40 million followers on her social media' alone. Especially her Instagram." Rina informs me.

          Dear mother of god! That's a lot! Even my instagram doesn't have that many followers... only a few hundreds of people.

          "Her Twitter has over 50 million followers across the globe. Yes, I have to say she's quite famous in the eyes of the world." Veronica adds.

          My eyes widen! 50 million?!

          "She's a world class model after all. She even has a fan base named the Avalonics. Those fans are loyal." Rina chuckles.