Chapter 29 - "Sweet revenge."

AVALYNN'S POV

            "How's her condition?" I ask.

            "Don't you want to meet her first?" Alice asks me back.

            I shake my head no. "I want to hear it from your own mouth first. I don't want my brain to do unnecessary speculation."

            She sighs before leading us to the sitting area. "It's bad. Half of her upper torso was burned really badly including her face. She's almost unrecognizable. For now, I can't promise anything or  I can fix her because I need proper tools to determine her real situation. But, she's not in critical condition like she was when she arrived here."

            "What do you mean by burn?" Rina asks.

            "Acid Burn. She was suffering from acid attacking. She was stabbed and beaten all over her body, but that was not fatal. I've just never experienced treating someone with an acid burn. And for her to endure such torture and still be alive, she's one heck of a woman to be honest."

            "Acid burn ...." I manage to catch Rina's body before she goes weak in the knees.

            "That's why I told you to sit down, Lady Rina." Alice turns around to fetch a piece of paper. "I did a rape kit test. It's negative." Alice tilts her head as I read the report. "You look very calm, Ava. I'm proud of you."

            I look up with a smile, but that makes her surprised. "Trust me. I am not calm at all." I stand up from the couch together with Rina.

            Alice does, too, and leads us towards Nicole's room. She opens the door and lets us in. Rina turns away from the sight of Nicole because she can't keep herself strong enough for her.

            I let her go and go towards Nicole's bed with tears in my eyes.

            "She's sleeping now. I guess she needs the rest since she was tortured overnight."

            I turn to Alice. "Tortured?"

            Alice nods. "That's what Mira told me. The kidnapper told her himself."

            The kidnapper ... Looking at the state Nicole's in now, only God knows what she's feeling. How will she react to the fact that her face is half gone and her body will be this way for life? Will she be able to handle it?

            "Alice, do stay with Rina while I'm out. I'm going to meet someone before coming back to Astor." I am walking towards the door when Rina takes my wrist.

            "Where are you going? Don't leave her like this. What if she wakes up and doesn't see you there? She will be sad."

            I smile. "It won't take that long. I promise." I give her a kiss on the forehead before leaning into her ear.

"I have some unfinished business to attend to. Take care of Nicole for me." I let go of Rina's body and go out to find Kelly. "Kelly," I call out as I walk across the villa towards the front entrance.

            Kelly stands beside me waiting for my orders.

            "Where are they?" I ask.

            "Mira, Vera and Mika are having fun with him in the basement."

            I can't believe they started without me.

            "Don't kill them here. I don't want to handle another national scandal like before." Kelly smiles.

            "Yes, ma'am. Umm, where are we going? I thought we're going to meet the one we captured."