Happy Valentine's Day (pt. 1)

Dear Soleis,

Valentine's day is a day for the celebration of your loved ones. It's the day devoted to holding your significant other and reminding them how much you love them. It's the day where everything is painted red and pink, and everyone's hearts are covered in the red and the pink. The colours of love, of devotion, and yes, of lust as well. It's the day every restaurant and cafe is packed with couples, of all genders and sexualities, all celebrating their love together.

For me, it's the day to celebrate you.

You.

Soleis, how do I even begin to describe you?

I'll start with physical things, those are always easier to put into words. First off, your height. I know you pretend you don't like being short, but I know just how often you use it as an excuse to have me lift you up to reach things, or just for me to just get them for you. I'll smile and help, just to have an excuse to hold you. Sometimes, I'll make you jump to get what you need, just to watch your cute little bum. (You're blushing, I can tell). While we're on the topic, your blush. The way you start with just a bit of pink at the beginning, but it turns into a dark fuschia as you get more and more flustered. I blush often as well, but I don't think the colour looks as pretty on me. Your whole face is gorgeous, but I think my favourite feature may be your lips. They're pink, even when you don't wear lipstick, and I never imagined lips could be so soft. Everything about you is a bit soft, except your attitude. On a bad day, you'll sass everything that moves, the trees and wind included. It just makes me want to kiss you more.

Everything you do just makes me want to kiss you. It's honestly very distracting. I thought that initial spark would fade over time, but that hasn't happened. Every day I wake up next to you I have the same proud feeling of 'that's my wife.' Every time you flirt with me, my heart skips a beat, and every time you tell me you love me, I swear it beats double the amount.

There are so many stories of love. Stories that put the feelings into words. Before I met you, I didn't believe them. I thought that it was artistic licensing or something because those feelings were too strong for a person to contain. I know now that they're not fake. Those authors don't exaggerate. Being with you, I feel all those things. The red and the pink and everything in between.

I try to shower you with affections and gifts because you deserve it. You deserve everything in the world, and I want to give it to you. I want to bottle up the sun for you so you never have a dark day. You deserve everything because you are my everything.

I know that's a cheesy line, but it's true. You are my future, you are my reason, you are my everything.

Damn it, Soleis, I love you so much.

I love you so much, and I want to tell you as many times as I can, I want to yell it from the roof of our house.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

So happy Valentine's day, mi amor.

Your adoring wife,

-Aries 

//Pt. 2 will be coming on Valentine's day//