Nightosphere

Marshall sat in his chair in his changing room, his eyes closed his lips pressed together he leaned back on the chair and tilted his head backwards. There was something bothering him about Gumball and Fionna dating and he couldn't put a finger on it. Marshall sighed and stared at the ceiling. What was going on with him? This had never happened before! Was he really worried that Gumball will spend all his time with Fionna? Was he feeling left out?

A knock on the door startled Marshall, and he pulled himself out of his deep thoughts.

"Marshall Lee, we're starting in five!" said one of the staff members when he popped his head into Marshall's room.

Words about Gumball and Fionna dating spread around the school like wildfire. Maybe I'm bothered by it because Fionna is like a little sister to me, and I feel the need to protect her, thought Marshall as he stepped out of his changing room. Yeah. That sounds right!

"It's so great to have you guys here! How do you feel about being here?" asked the interviewer as she tossed her brown hair behind her shoulders and looked at them eagerly.

"Oh, it's great to be here, too," replied Marceline "We're all excited, right?" She nudged Marshall with her elbow and snapped him out of his daze.

"Yes! Of course!" Marshall laughed awkwardly and continued, "Couldn't sleep last night"

As the interviewer continued with her talk. Marshall found himself staring at a bowl of gumballs placed in front of him. Am I being mocked? He thought.

"So, Marshall Lee, tell us a little about yourself. You seem to be staring at these gumballs? Do you like them?"

Marshall looked at her, horrified. Like? Gumball? What is this woman talking about?

"What?" he croaked.

The woman cleared her throat and said, "The candy, Marshall. Do you like them?"

"Oh." Marshall visibly relaxed and slowly said, "Sure, I guess."

With a confused look the woman looked back at the camera and mentioned they'd be taking a break for commercials.

"What in the world is wrong with you? You totally ruined it!" shouted Marceline when they were back in their changing rooms.

"Relax, it'll be cool," said Marshall nonchalantly.

"It'll be cool? It'll be COOL?" Marceline raised her hands and looked at Marco, who folded his hands and glared at Marshall.

"Marshall, this interview is very important to the band. Pick another day to day dream, we need you focused now!" warned Marceline. She then sighed and asked, "What's into you anyways?"

"Nothing."

"Whatever. Let's go now."

Marshall fast walked to his class after rehearsals Wednesday afternoon, he finally managed to obtain a backstage ticket to his concert for Gumball. He couldn't wait to tell him about it! He was so busy thinking about the different ways he could bribe Gumball into coming in case he refused that he almost ran into LSP.

"Like, what in the world is wrong with you? If you have eyes USE them!" snapped LSP.

"Sorry, man!" Marshall's eyes quickly scanned the classroom but didn't find the pink boy. "Where's Gumball?" he asked

"What do I look like? His mother?" said LSP, irritated before leaving the class.

Marshall noticed Finn and approached him immediately. "Finn!" he called.