[ Three ] - Severing Ties

"Anymore last words to us?"

The god of knowledge spoke, breaking the silence. Hiyori wiped her tears and smiled.

First, she bowed to Tenjin and spoke, "Thank you very much for everything, I will still pray to you! And please tell Bishamon, Kazuma, Kofuku and Daikoku thank you too, I'll miss you all."

Then, she faced Yato.

"T-thank you for everything Yato. For you too, Yukine. I wish we'd see each other again," Hiyori laughed, "Even though I won't remember, I wish you'd still remember me and everything we did." A tear once again fell to her cheeks, but she quickly wiped it away.

"I'll miss you two, please don't be too hard on each other. And Yukine, take care of Yato for me okay? And Yato..."

Yato looked into Hiyori's eyes for the first time. But his eyes were as cold as before, not showing any reaction at all.

"P-please don't give up on building your own s-shrine... I know you'll have a lot of followers one day... That's all." she smiled at him and bowed.

She closed her eyes, waiting for the time. "This is it." Hiyori calmed herself down, But she just cant stop the surge of sadness flowing through. How can Yato's eyes show nothing? How can he stay like this? Does he really want to sever ties with her so badly? Does he really hate her that much?

"Its okay.. Dont be sad Hiyori! This can help you a lot remember? This is what Yato wants, and This will keep you both safe. It'll be okay..."

But.. Could she really let herself forget the people she cherished the most?

"Come, Sekki."

Yukine obliged, he closed his eyes and turned into the sacred vessel he was, as his master took a step near Hiyori.

Yato took a deep breath as he raised his regalia up. "Hear me, I am the god Yato..."

For the last time, Hiyori opened her eyes, and looked into Yato's. She mouthed words to him, though Yato didn't understand. "Yato... I..."

The rest of her words were blurred out, as the God of calamity continued chanting,

"I hearby sever ties,"

"Sekki, sunder!"

A flash of white light engulfed the whole place, but something was wrong, and Yato can feel it.

"Yato, I can't c--!"

His regalia exclaimed but hadn't had the chance to finish. Yato trembled, and he felt his body stiff. A sudden surge of shock came up to him, as if he was shot by lightning. His grip tightened in his sacred vessel, as a gasp escaped his lips.

It was as if the whole world had stopped moving, and time around Hiyori and Yato is not working. Hiyori had her eyes closed, her hair floating lightly to the wind that was around them. Yato felt extreme guilt in him, but he knew he can't feel that. And another surge of pain jolted his body and brought him back to reality.