Chapter 8: Unexpected Visit

"Ma'am?" 

I quickly snapped out of my wandering mind session as I jumped a bit in my driver seat from a few knocks on my car window. I soon switched my vintage round pair of sunglasses on the top of my head as I rolled my window down the rest of the way and soon made contact with a security officer standing outside my parked car with a hand resting on his mounted taser.

"Lost?"  The officer asked, peering a bit into her car.

"Oh, uh, no. I'm uh, visiting a, uh, friend."  She cleared her throat as she pointed out to Zac's gated home that she was parked a few yards in front of.

The officer looked behind him, taking a quick look at the entrance security gate. He soon looked back at Vanessa. "Mr. Efron?" 

"Yes, sir."  She perked a small nervous smile.

The officer squinted his eyes a bit, taking a better look at her. "Vanessa.. uh, Hudgens, right?"  He flashed her a grin as he removed his grip on his taser, putting his hand out to greet.

Vanessa giggled a bit, as she shook the officer's extended hand. "Yes." 

The officer nodded, "Mr. Efron is home at the moment, but I do believe he has a scheduled escort out within the hour."  He alerted, giving a quick glance back at the gate. "I can grant you access if that's still alright with you."  He said, looking back at her.

"Oh yeah that's perfectly fine, thank you."  She gave him a sweet smile before he walked over to the gate keypad and waved his designated key card over it and soon unlocked and opened the large entrance gate. I then slowly drove in, rolling my window back up on the way up.

I soon came to a slow stop as I put my car in park, scanning my eyes around the front, soon noticing the front door was wide open. I pursed my lips, getting my composure together as I turned off the engine, stepping out the car, and slowly shutting the door shut. 

---

" - Dyl I just don't see why you think it's unnecessary.."  Zac chuckled, as he was carrying on a phone conversation with his younger brother, while he balanced his phone between his ear and carried his usual big suitcase and carry-on bag with him and rolled it aside the open front door. "They just want to take you out to a nice dinner, they're proud of you, man."  He grinned hearing him continue to complain. "Hey, hey."  He said interrupting him as he soon stepped out to the front door about to head to his car. "It is a big de-"  His words stopped in its tracks as he caught a sudden glimpse of a familiar short haired woman. He stammered a bit, as he watched her continue to walk closer. "Hey Dyl I uh, gotta go real quick, I'll call you back in a bit... ok, bye."  He hung up the phone before looking back up at Vanessa who had a blank expression on her face. "Vanessa.."  He said surprised by the unexpected visit. 

Vanessa stuck her hands in the front pockets of her Levi's as she bit at the side of her lip. "We need to have that talk."  She mocked a bit, referring to what was intended that one night.

Zac let out a quick sigh knowing damn well he didn't want to do that right now, as he turned and continued to walk toward his car to retrieve some items from the back. 

Vanessa quickly arched her brows as she let out a soft scoff. "Wow are you fucking serious?" 

Zac quickly looked back at her, as he was opening up his back door. "Are you?"

"Uh yeah I think I am."  She stated sarcastically, as she followed into his open car garage, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Vanessa."  He sighed again, almost to the point of being fed up. "I really don't have the time for that, I got a plane to catch and I've been beyond busy that I barely even packed."  He gave her a hard look, slamming the door shut, as he made his way back inside his house. 

"Yeah I'm sorry to be such a inconvenience for you, Zac. really wouldn't be the first time."  She said harshly, as she followed him inside. 

Zac let out a fake laugh. "Oh don't bring up that shit right now."  He shook his head as he slipped his phone out his back pocket and checked a few messages as he walked into his kitchen.

"What the fuck is the matter with you?"  Vanessa asked with her eyebrows tightly scrunched together.

Zac finally gave her a hard honest look, as he tucked in his phone back in his pocket. "Alot, Vanessa.." 

Vanessa stood silent. 

"I don't know what you want from me, honestly."  He raised his eyebrows. 

"I.."  She shook her head, losing her words for a second. 

Zac felt his throat grow hard, as he looked her straight in the eyes. "Do you know how it feels to miss someone for over 5 years?"  

Vanessa felt her heart break, as she desperately held back tears.

"I lost you, it was my own fault."  He said. 

Vanessa looked away.

"I'm sorry about that night, I truly am. I should have stopped it when I had the chance."  He spoke softly to her. 

 A tear fell down her cheek, as she continued to look away, although she felt Zac's eyes on her.

Zac cleared his throat as he checked the time on his phone real quick. "So if that's what you were looking to get at than there it is. I don't know what else to say.. it was a mistake."  He said, with a stolid expression.

Vanessa caught her breath a bit and slowly nodded her head. She softly sniffed and quickly wiped a few tears underneath her eyes as she turned herself around and made her way to the front door before stepping out and closing it behind her quietly..