Chapter 3

I'm back!
Sorry about the unplanned hiatus. Life got in the way of my writing. Anyway, here's chapter 3!
Disclaimer: me no own Percy Jackson

"Attention campers!" Mr. D said when we arrived, "We have a new demigod. This is Zuri Jackson."
Wait-how did he know my real last name? Then I saw Chiron whisper in his ear.
"Correction. This is Zoe Johnson. She should be claimed within the next few days."
Ha. They expected me to be claimed. I'm not even a demigod, I'm just a legacy. The gods, aside from Hestia, don't even know I exist. There's no way I was getting claimed.
"Zoe, you may sit at the Hermes table until you've been claimed." Chiron informed me.
I went to the Hermes table and sat down. It was awkward until a girl spoke, "Hi, I'm Angelina Rodriguez. I'll be your head counselor for now."
"I'm Zoe."
"Nice to meet you Zoe. Welcome to cabin 11, where you'll stay a while."
"A while?"
"Unless you're a daughter of Hermes, you'll move to a different cabin when you're claimed."
"Children," Chiron announced, "It's time for the campfire."
"Would you like to sit with my friends and I?"
"Sure. Thanks Angelina."
"Call me Angel. I'm only Angelina when I'm in trouble."
Angel led me to the amphitheater to a group of seven kids with eight adults behind them. I recognized one of the kids as Emily.
"Zoe, this is Raiden and his parents Piper and Jason Grace, that's Esperanza, or Espie, her twin sister Ember, or Emmy, and their parents Reyna and Leo Valdez. That's Emily, her twin brother Sammy, and their parents Hazel and Frank Zhang. These two are my parents Clarisse and Chris Rodriguez. And that's Maya and Dylan. They're Poseidon's kids, the last since Percy Jackson. Everyone, this is Zoe Johnson. She's unclaimed"
"Is your mom or dad the god?" Emmy asked.
"My dad."
"Which god do you think it is?" Espie interrogated.
"I don't know."
"I'd say Poseidon, but all his kids have black hair, not blonde." Hazel said sadly.
"I wish," Maya commented, "then I'd have a sister."
"She kinda looks like Percy," Piper said with tears in her eyes.
I noticed lots of people seemed sad right now.
"Attention campers," Chiron started, "Today you get to hear a story. As most of you know, fifteen years ago today, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase died. Since then we've always dedicated November 15th to remembering the great heroes. We do this by telling the story of how they died. It goes like this...
It had been a nice day. Capture the Flag just ended and the two heroes decided to go for a walk in the woods. We weren't concerned right away, but we became concerned when they didn't come to dinner. About halfway through the meal, Lady Hestia appeared. She told us Percy and Annabeth were attacked by monsters and didn't survive. Nobody wanted to believe her, but she wouldn't lie. The next day their closest friends and siblings came together to make the shrouds. That night we had Sally, Paul, and Alexandra Blofis as well as Fredrick, Helen, Bobby, and Matthew Chase come to camp. Many tears were shed and the campfire was very low. All of their things still go untouched because nobody had the heart to clean it up. On this day we mourn for our two heroes."
Jason suddenly stood up, "Chiron, the remaining five of us as well as Reyna, Thalia, and Nico believe they're still alive. They've got to be out there somewhere. There could still be hope."
"It's been fifteen years. If they were alive we would've received a sign from the gods. Just give up." someone called out.
"Who's that?"
"Drew Tanaka, daughter of Aphrodite." Sammy replied.
"What if they just left? They went through literal Hell. We all saw how it changed them. Maybe they wanted to live among regular mortals." surprisingly, it was Leo who said this.
"You need to realize they aren't coming back." a girl called out.
"Who's that?"
"Hailey Morris, daughter of Ares." Raiden told me.
"We don't believe it. They survived two wars, Annabeth came to camp when she was seven, and Percy killed the minotaur when he was just twelve and had no training. I don't believe a monster killed them." Frank stated.
"If he beat the minotaur when he was just twelve and had no weapon, I'd believe he's still out there. I had a sword and couldn't kill it."
"Where's this sword?" Hailey asked.
"Show them Zoe." Chiron commanded.
I pulled the pen out of my pocket and held it up where everyone could see it. They all gasped.
"Is that-" Piper asked.
I uncapped the pen and watched it grow into a sword.
"When I was born, my dad gave this to my mom. She gave it to me before I came."
"Do you know what that is?" Hazel asked.
"This is Riptide."
"That belonged to Percy Jackson. If he's alive, why do you have it?" Drew wondered.
"I don't know, but I believe anyone who can beat the stupid cow wouldn't be killed by a monster."
"Campers, it's time for bed." Chiron announced.
Angel led me to the Hermes cabin. She introduced me to everyone when we were inside.
"Zoe, Welcome to cabin eleven. Everyone meet Zoe. That's Matthew, Claire, Jake, Lily, Andrew, Ava, James, Chloe, Noah, and Sofia. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?"
"Well, my name is Zoe Johnson, my mom is Anna Johnson, my dad's a god, and I'm thirteen."
"If you're thirteen, you should be claimed within three days. We'll know who your dad is soon. Now lights out. You can take the bunk under Claire right by the door."
"Thanks."
I put my bag down and went to the bathroom to change. Then I climbed into bed. I had a hard time falling asleep. I missed my mom, dad, Sel, and Luke. I missed my best friend Paige. I was homesick.

And... That's a wrap on chapter 3. Sorry if it sucked. Its not my favorite, but I thought it would be nice to see camp's reaction to Percy and Annabeth's 'death'. Tell me what you think. Bye for now
-EmieRosie