Chapter 1 - The First Day

It was June 23 at that time when all students must wake up early in order to go to school. The current climate is wet season. Unlike the other country with four different seasons, their country has only two which are dry and wet seasons only.

David Mason which is also a student sixteen years of age, had to wake up with great effort because the chilling air from the rain last night, with his window open, embraced him thoroughly. His mom called him for breakfast.

His phone made noise signifying that there is a new message. He read it, and it was from Ella. As usual, she texted to him, "Hello". Too bad he didn't have load to text her back.

He ate his breakfast. He needed to hurry because the distance between his home and the school is great. He took a bath, brushed his teeth, wore his uniform, prepared his things in school and went out of the house.

At the gate of the school, he met Natalie. Natalie Madison is a sixteen year old girl who was the best friend of Dave since freshmen days. David observed that she changed from what she was last school year.

"Hey there Natalie!" Dave welcomed her.

"Hey there. Still the same huh?" Natalie said.

"Haha I guess."

"Well I wonder what section will I be..."

"Don't play stupid ofcourse you're still science section."

"Hmmm I guess so."

They walked together to the grounds. They saw some  of their friends there already. They waited for the flag ceremony and then they headed to their new classroom. As usual, things didn't go normally since the dispute wasn't solved but at least this time was a little bit calm.

They only focus on their own groups/peers/friends, nothing else but them. David looked for his close friend by the name of Chloe Fellice. Chloe Fellice is a sixteen year-old female. He thought that she might be late so he reserved a seat beside him.

They chose their own sitting arrangement. Same as which, the opposing groups were separated. For David, he chose to be at the middle of a three-column arrangement.

The two seats beside him were empty and he reserved one for Chloe. He was wondering who will sit on the other chair. There were many other vacant chairs. The class was incomplete because there were some students who were still in vacation.

At last Chloe came in. David thought she was absent. Their teacher was not yet in their classroom so while waiting, David signalled Chloe where to sit. She sat beside David.

"How's summer?" Chloe asked.

"Oh well, nothing new..." David said.

"Hahahaha maybe something new will come in your life."

"Hahahaha maybe."

"Gosh it's so hot!!"

"Oohh I'm very sorry."

"Hahaha why?"

"Cause I'm--"

"Nevermind hahaha!"

"Hahahaha."

They ended their conversation. Chloe assembled her things on her table. The class, instead of armchairs only, upgraded into chairs with tables for more comfortable schooling.

At last the teacher came. She was a female teacher. All of them were excited to become part of her advisees in her history. She was somehow dedicated to her profession.

"Alright class, settle down now. We are going to have our orientation my name is--" Just as she is about to speak her name, the door opened suddenly. It was easily noticed by anyone who was inside the room because the door is very noisy when opened.

A student came in. He was a tall man. He was once a friend to everybody but now to others, he was not. Before he went to the chair beside David, David saw the great change in him when he was in third year.

"Toby..." David said.

End of chapter 1 - The First Day

Be ready for the next chapter entitled, "Change".

Thank you for reading.