Chapter 16 - In Pursuit To Love

Their President, Eagle or in outside club they call Isolla the Junior Year Student in science section, planned for a celebration but David hesitated to go. He still has to help Frank for his childhood girl.

David went back to his clubroom. Ella was the only one he saw in their clubroom.

"Ella." David said.

"What...?" Ella asked.

"What is that you're looking?" David said as he caught her looking at something.

"Well. The files of all the clients we have been helping."

David can see in her eyes that she was unhappy. As if someone in the file made her look so.

"What's with the face?" David asked.

"Well... Frank..." Ella said in cutting words.

"Why what's with Frank?"

"Well... you know..."

"What?"

"I'm the one he's in love with..."

That time, David heard those seven words that shocked him the most in his entire life. It was also the time where he blindly helped a man who wanted to be with the girl David is in love with.

"Well... What do you feel about it...?" David asked softly.

"It's not like I don't like him but... I already am in love with this person..." Ella replied.

"Who is this person?"

When David asked who is that person, Ella immediately hugged him, saying softly the three words David wanted to hear the most in his entire life.

"It is you..."

He didn't know if he would be happy since Ella chose him, or not because his goal is to help the man to win his love. There, he realized that there are these circumstances where he has make decisions. He knew that both choices will pull him up and push him down.

Ella was still hugging him. He felt her tears on his shoulders while coming up with his realizations.

"How about you David, are you also..." Ella asked.

"Yes..." David said without letting Ella finish her words.

"But..." David continued.

"I know... It's also our duty to help... and I know how you feel."

"Yeah..."

"So... Will you help him or not?"

"I don't know..."

"Maybe we'll solve this up tomorrow."

They ended their conversation. Ella gave him a goodbye hand and same with David. He had this confusion on which emotions he would choose.

Suddenly, Alessa and Juliet barged in.

"Hey David what will we do about the picture? It's hard to invite Toby ya know." Juliet said.

"Ohh.. Uhhhh... Please postpone it. I am a bit stressed right now..."

"Oh okay then. By the way, The RIO club was looking for you." Juliet said.

"I'll go..."

Juliet and Alessa left David. He then went back to the RIO clubroom. Isolla welcomed him. Toby was there too.

"How's your progress with the song?" Toby asked.

"Well..." David replied.

"Nevermind. Have your party here."

David found it weird that they managed to have party inside the school. Maybe Isolla asked permission for this.

"Do you have any concerns Mr. Phoenix?" The Eagle asked.

"Uh.. It's nothing." David replied.

"Do tell."

"Well... It's about our club..."

"Oh the SPAKES club? I heard it was growing reputation. Well what about it?"

"There is this point where I have to make these two choices that both put me up and down equally... I just don't know--"

"Where to place your thoughts?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, here's what I have to say. There are two things in which you would have to consider on that rare case of yours whatever that may be: first thing is persuasion. You'll have to persuade that certain person that you can't do what he says. Second thing is sacrifice. Well you know the terms."

"Yeah. I'm sorry to say that what you're saying couldn't help my situation..."

"Is that so? Hahahaha well I got nothing to say. Sorry too."

"I just find out that life is hard..."

"Sometimes life plays with us. We just have to make the really right decisions in life."

"Thanks..."

"Remember David, You are one of our most important members. It's like RIO or STAR will lose leg or arm once you're gone."

"Thanks for the advice Miss Eagle."

"Not a problem."

From that time, David knew what he has to do. It is to, pursue his love for Ella.

End of Chapter 16 - In Pursuit To Love

Be ready for the next chapter entitled, "Hope On Persuasion".

"Is my fate playing on me?" - Toby

Thank you for reading.