Chapter 7 - Cook Fest

Days passed by and July was nearing its end. Culminating activity was scheduled between the last three days of July. This is their celebration proper for nutrition month.

David joined in the nutrijingle competition where each year level battle for the Nutrition cup. Chloe joined too. David felt that the odds were with them but who knows, only God.

Their activity was held inside their gymnasium. All of them once again, compete on each other by Nutri jingle, Nutri rap, and cook fest. David was very excited on the cook fest.

Before the activity, their last homeroom meeting was sacrificed for the preparation of the said event. Their teacher lead them.

David is the chairman of the Discipline committee, has eight members. Chloe is one of the members of Academic committee with nine members.

"What are we going to prepare?" David asked.

"Hmmmm what if the main course is rice mixed with meat and veggies of any variety? That would be all in one." Daisy said.

Daisy Brennaman, sixteen years of age, is a senior year student which is also one of the members of Discipline Committee. She was also a former member of the tyrant group but she was very innocent.

"That would do and it won't be time-consuming IF AND ONLY IF we work together." David said while looking at Alfred.

Alfred Atterson is a sixteen year old senior student. So far as David knows, he is the closest friend of David which even surpasses David's friendship to Toby. He is also a member of the Discipline committee.

"What?" Alfred asked.

"Nothing..." David replied.

He assigned everyone on what to bring. He made sure that they'll be ready since he always gets  awards. It's a very good thing also that Leonore is in David's committee because she is a very good cook.

Leonore Chamberlagne, sixteen years of age, is a member of Discipline committee. She wanted Daisy's suggestion.

After they finished with the nutrition jingle, they proceeded to the highschool ground for the most awaited event, the Cook Fest. The highschool ground, before the culminating activity, has many tents prepared by highschool student council officers and other volunteers.

They all started cooking. There were 100 committees cooking in different classes and year level. There were different dishes to be tasted by the judges. All of them seemed pleasing but only very few among them must be awarded.

David and his committee members managed to finish their main course in time. The judges tasted their food. It is in the part of judges not  to react at all for the participants to not notice.

David can see in the eyes of the judges the taste and he seemed to be satisfied. Same goes for Chloe's committee. The judges wanted to react but sadly they shouldn't.

The winner for the cook fest will be awarded next week. The cook fest was over. They all fixed their own tents. After which, they went home.

'There's something wrong with the rice. I think it needed more salt.' David said to himself.

End of Chapter 7 - Cook Fest.

Be ready for the next chapter entitled, "Summer Days: Chat With Buddies".

Thank you for reading.