Birthday wishes

School seemed to last forever. No one really talked to me while I was at school because last year I broke some girls nose. I guess they were afraid of me. I did have friends however, non had class with me nor had the same lunch. The principal knew us too well to put us in class together. Only two of my friends were still in school at this point. Seniors, and i'm finally 18.
The bell wrong which was music to my ears. I grabbed my pink sparkling iPhone 7 plus and headed for the door. My goal was to make it to my locker before my friends did. I didn't wanna get embarrassed. As I reached for the door knob, I jumped back in shock. Zachary was already opening the door. He had all my things from my locker already and was ready to hear what my plans where for my birthday.
"Whats the plan short stuff?" He always did this to me bc i was one of the shortest girls in school. I learned to live with it.
"We are just hanging out at my house for the night, my parents aren't home this weekend."
"Your parents are leaving you alone at your house with me?" He smirked. He was just messing or at least I want to think that.
"Yeah, they trust me because I never do anything bad."
"Unless I'm around right?" He handed my my bag and took me by the hand.
I was speechless for a minute as he walked me to his car and of course the one and only snob i hate was waiting for him. Her name was Jenna Lynn. The schools hottest girl. Zachary opened his car door and hit Jenna on her ass.
"Can you move your flat ass Jenna." She got so mad and stomped off. I couldn't help but laugh. That made my birthday even better. He nodded me to get into his car.
It was only us for two hours just in his car talking. He was pretty upset when I wanted to talk about Corey. He was upset because Corey was leaving for military school in less then a month. I could see the hurt in his eyes.
"I'm sorry, I should've kept quiet."
"Its not that Laney, its just, I don't think I can make it with out him."
They were so close and never did anything alone.
"Well you'll have me still."
Those words made him smile. We finally made it to my house and everyone expect Lyle was there. Lyle was busy with his girlfriend in the hospital. Other than that it was pretty great. I had Corey, Molly, Zachary, and Linsey there. It was the best night in my entire life, until the secret i kept wasn't a secret anymore...
"Laney, who was your first?" Corey had asked. I sat there without word. Everyone looked at me.
"I.....um..."
"We won't tell anyone." Molly spoke up.
"It's not that... I.... I never..... I'm a virgin still.." I looked away from everyone. I got up and walked to my room and shut the door.