Broken Dreams

I walk into the living where my little brother Cody sits on the floor playing his xbox. He doesn't notice me so I walk into the kitchen. My mom is no where to be seen. This is unusual. Looks like I'm making dinner tonight.....
Im cutting onions because we will be having cheese burgers tonight. My phone rings with a message. It's mom.
|sorry i wont be home tonight. Love you.|
This isn't like her to do this, but I won't argue with her. What she says goes.
I call Cody in for dinner but it takes him 5 minuets to pass the level he is on so I sit down and wait. He finally walks in.
"Where's mom at sis?"
"She got busy and told me to tell you she loves you."
"Ha! Love. Sure."
"Whats gotten into you?"
"She doesn't care Laney!" He yelled. "She never did!"
"Bub she does care all because shes not here at the moment doesn't mean she hates us."
"Does she love us though?" These word made me think. Shes been pushing us away and everyday she leaves early for work she's trying to avoid us.
"Oh bubby." I hug him. We stay there and just hold one another. I don't understand how I couldn't see this. She loves us doesn't she?
An hour and a half pasted and Cody already went to bed. I texted Zachary because I needed someone to talk to. Even though its non of Zacharys business. I could just use the comfort. I text him, |you wanna come over?|. It doesn't take him long to respond, |omw!|.
I stand by the door and hear a knock, i don't hesitate to let him in. The first thing I do is hug him. I just hold on to him tightly. I know what I'm thinking and I should not think this way. I wanted him and I wanted him now. I grab his face and kiss him deeply sliding my tongue into his mouth. He shuts the door picking me up and and pushes me up against the wall.