chapter 14

Back at the base...

"It's almost 2:00." Bob said to Atticus. "Are you ready?"

"Sure am," Atticus said. "Akito, you ready?"

"Coming!" Akito called as he had his bandanna off and was combing his hair neatly.

"I wanna come with." Emi said.

"Great!" Akito sounded relieved about that so he wouldn't be stuck there with just two adult men. "I mean, great, that way we both won't feel lonely."

Emi giggled to his excitement. Akito soon smiled sheepishly at his reaction before he linked hands with Emi's. Emi smiled back to him. With that, the two teenagers went to meet with Atticus and Bob for the 2:00 meeting as promised. And where they did and where Emi's presence surprised the two adult men.

"Oh, you look so grown-up." Bob smiled to Emi.

"Thank you, sir." Emi smiled bashfully back.

"She decided to teleport here and where we kind of, um, had a little fun." Akito said sheepishly.

"I see..." Bob chuckled to that. "Are you two a couple?"

Emi blushed when he asked that.

"Uh, yeah, I've known her for a long time." Akito replied, blushing himself.

"Well, we better get inside." Atticus said.

Bob nodded as he led the way since he was the first one in line.

The four went into the conference room as instructed and opened the doors to see the large meeting room, but no one was in there. It was 2:00.

"Where is everybody?" Emi wondered.

"I have no idea." Atticus said.

Akito soon heard something getting closer due to his super hearing. Emi looked to Akito and knew that look on his face meant something important. The far wall door slid open and revealed a bigger and badder Omnidroid.

"No way!" Akito's eyes widened.

"Looks like it's time for round two for this bad boy." Atticus said.

"I'm gonna rain on your parade!" Akito glared at the Omnidroid before flying himself up.

The Omnidroid then grabbed him instantly and flung him outside the air. Akito yelled out as he sailed to the end of the jungle and landed with a thud. Before he could even react, the Omnidroid grabbed him again and slammed him into the ground, then grabbed Atticus, Bob, and Emi and did the same.

"It's bigger!" a voice called through a loudspeaker. "It's badder! It's too much for Mr. Incredible and friends! It's finally ready!"

"Who's the wise guy?!" Emi glared.

A young, chunky, wild-haired man in a bright supersuit descended from the sky on jet-boots and landed on top of the robot. He then poked a few buttons on his wristbands. The robot's blades stopped and the bot stood down. "I went through quite a few Supers to get it worthy to fight you, Mr. Incredible," he then spoke up. "But, man... It wasn't good enough! After you guys trashed the last one, I had to make some major modifications. Sure, it was difficult, but it was worth it. After all... I am your biggest fan."

"If you're his number one fan, I'd hate to meet the rest of his fans." Akito retorted.

"Buddy...?" Bob mumbled.

"My name's not BUDDY!" the wild-haired man replied and made the Omnidroid fling him again. "And it's not 'Incrediboy' either! That ship has sailed. All I wanted was to help you. I only wanted to help! And what did you say to me? 'Go home, Buddy, I work alone'. It tore me apart, but you taught me an important lesson: You can't count on anyone, especially your heroes."