Chapter 3

A few days after the gym class day, it's really nice in the morning, but it starts storming unexpectedly in the afternoon and Gerard has to walk all that way home, and Frank convinces Mr. Way to let him give Mr. Way a ride home (he sees him trying to run through the parking lot with his bag over his head, like that'll help seriously. Frank's soaked just from running from the building to his car). He pulls up along side him with the window down all, "Get in!" Gerard looks at him skeptically, and then Frank says "Come on, it's freezing!" Gerard relents and gets in the car. And then when they get to Gerard's tiny little house, Frank pulls into the driveway and turns off the engine and turns in his seat to look at Mr. Way. They're both still wet and the windows in the car are fogging up from their breath, and Mr. Way just looks so beautiful Frank just has to lean over and touch, tuck his hair behind his ear. Mr. Way looks up, startled, but he doesn't pull away, doesn't get out of the car. And then Frank basically launches himself into Mr. Way's lap and kisses him.

They kiss for just a moment, but then Gerard pushes Frank back pretty forcefully and gets out of the car. But Frank knows where he lives, now, and he stores the information away for later use. He even sits in the rain in the car on the driveway and palms himself through his pants until he comes and he swears he can see the front blinds of Gerard's house twitch a bit with motion, either someone glancing out or moving away.