Chapter 11

I put my phone down and finished stuffing the shells for dinner. I figured Lou probably had some stupid story to tell me about Niall, something about how he ate a whole bag of crisps in under a minute. I put the shells in the oven and plopped down on our sofa, turning on the t.v. and flipping through the channels.

Gracie and I ate our dinner, I was surprised at how well it had actually turned out and she loved it!

"Hey, Mark and I are going out tomorrow, so it looks like you will be on your own.  Sorry Court." Gracie smiled sympathetically.

"Oh, it's fine! You go have fun with him, I was planning on playing some more tennis anyways so no biggie!"

"Sounds like a blast! But take my gym card so you can get in free."

"Right, I'll grab it before leave."

"Okay, well thanks for the fabulous dinner Court! I'm off to bed, because knowing Mark he will pick me up bright and early ahah!"

"Anytime! Oh, you lucky girl." I winked regarding her comment. "See you tomorrow evening!"

"Goodnight!" she yelled down the hallway as she made her way to her room and shut the door. Leaving me, once again, all by myself.

It's not so much that I get lonely, I mean I love spending time by myself. However I really do enjoy just  sitting and talking with someone. One of the reasons why I miss having a boyfriend, mainly because I just love to sit under the stars and have late night conversations.

I cleaned up the mess I had made from making dinner and decided to check into bed early. I grabbed some jammies and took a quick shower, allowing the hot water to wash away all my bad thoughts.

I set my alarm for 7, as I wanted to get some playing time in before it got too hot. And with that, I fell asleep to the light snoring coming from across the hall.

*buzz buzz* *buzz buzz*

I awoke startled by the sound my bedside table was making, I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock.

Only the buzzing didn't stop... I confusedly picked my head off my pillow and glanced at my clock momentarily ignoring the buzzing.

2:17

What the heck? I next looked over to my phone which was buzzing wildly, ahh now I found the source. The screen showed an unknown number was calling so I picked it up, my head still clouded with sleep.

"Hullo?" I said groggily.

"WAHOOO. HEY NIALL WHO ARE YOU CALLING MAN?" I heard Lou's voice in the background as I winced pulling the phone away from my ear due to the obnoxiously loud sound coming from the other end.

"Who is this? Lou?" I said a little louder as I sat up, the annoyance in voice made clear.

"NO LOVE, THIS NEAL HORUN, IS YOU WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND?" he rudely shouted through the phone.

"What? Niall? I have no idea what you are even talking about." 

"OH, I THINK YOU KNOW VURY WELL. JUST SO YOU KNOW, WE ARE OVER!!" he souted and the phone clicked, proving that he had hung up on me.

My sleepy brain tried to make sense of what had just happened here. Niall had called me, drunk, and accused me of having a boyfriend? Then he said that we are over? When were we ever under?!

My brain racked through these thoughts as I eventually fell asleep to sound of my own confused mind.

*beep beep* *beep beep*

I awoke rudely to the annoyance of my alarm screaming at me. I slammed my hand down on my alarm and ripped back the covers, coldness rushing over me. I grabbed a tennis skirt and tank top and made my way to the shower, yawning loudly as I turned the water on.